Rest days and eating more than normally?

Options
giag09
giag09 Posts: 203 Member
I have a couple question I used to eat no fat and less than 1200 calories so this has been a real transshipment for me but I love it I have energy and am maintaining my weight while losing inches! My question is I notice when I eat over my tdee with a 15% deficit meaning I eat also some exercise calories back I either lose weight or lose what I had put on the days prior to only eating my tdee with small deficit. So every once in awhile should I take a day and eat above tdee not binge of course bc mentally I couldn't handle that but would this idea benefit me? Also I never really take a rest day should I ? Thanks for any advice !!! God bless you all !!!

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I'm a little confused by the question. if you aren't trying to lose then eat your full tdee amount. Everyone needs to give the body a break. I don't workout at least two days a week.
  • giag09
    giag09 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I guess what I am saying is it seems when I eat more I lose weight so if I go beyond my tdee with a deficit will I lose more is it beneficial to go over ur calories in moderation for ur metabolism?
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if your are talking about your BMR (basal metobolic rate..min needed to breathe for 24hr ) or Total daily energy expenditure which are your maintainence cals). Anything below TDEE you will lose. If you eat Tdee you shouldn't but the calc is an estimate so you could eat that amt and see what happens. Up by 100 cals if you keep losing and keep going from there.