Stage 1 completed
    calories 1400-1800
    cardio -very little I was too exhausted with the lifting

FIVE stinkin' pounds gained BUT

1 inch off hips (40 to 39)
    10.5 inches to 11 inches biceps
    1/4 inch off thighs(22 to 21 3/4)
    1/2 inch off lower abs 32.5 to 32)
    NO change in natural waist line. It's small compared to the rest of me anyway. 26 inch

Not as great as I would like. Maybe I lost more; maybe I didn't. I try to measure in the same place. Hubby will take after pics for me in the morning. I will not post them due to modesty. But I will let you know if I am excited or not.
  • jenschnack
    jenschnack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Stage 1 completed
    calories 1400-1800
    cardio -very little I was too exhausted with the lifting

FIVE stinkin' pounds gained BUT

1 inch off hips (40 to 39)
    10.5 inches to 11 inches biceps
    1/4 inch off thighs(22 to 21 3/4)
    1/2 inch off lower abs 32.5 to 32)
    NO change in natural waist line. It's small compared to the rest of me anyway. 26 inch

Not as great as I would like. Maybe I lost more; maybe I didn't. I try to measure in the same place. Hubby will take after pics for me in the morning. I will not post them due to modesty. But I will let you know if I am excited or not.

Good job!
    I am trying to do NRol4W without cardio. My only cardio is the 5 minutes before I lift. I finished Stage 1 2B today and I have already noticed that I am smaller in hips and lower abs. I have gained weight since starting.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've gained 4 lbs since starting (just did 5a today). I'm retaining TONS of fluid. It's cool though.
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've gained 4 lbs since starting (just did 5a today). I'm retaining TONS of fluid. It's cool though.

This is interesting to hear, I've been really all over the place. After the first four weeks I had lost .8 lbs which I thought seemed like a nice steady loss and hoped it was only fat. Then since then (another 4 weeks) I've creeped up to another 2.4 lbs higher!!

The problem is that I'm eating 1700 cals, 1935 on workout days, and I just don't think that that is enough to gain either fat or that much muscle. So idk what is going on haha. Since to gain fat lbs you'd have to eat at a surplus to maintenance and supposedly to "build muscle" you have to be at a surplus as well.. so who knows.

Anyways here it goes:

Stage: 2 (just started it last night)
    Calories: 1700 (1935 on workout days), 40/30/30
    Cardio: None except what the book specifies. Once in a while I'll go to Yoga or put in an extra core/HIIT workout but not consistently
    Changes: 1.6 lbs up from start weight, half inch off waist (25.5 now), noticeable changes in abs and arms especially. No other inches thus far.

I'm just gonna keep with it and try not to go on the scale as much, I was totally happy with the program and everything and how I felt and looked until I saw the scale move which is totally irrational. I will just keep on keepin on :)
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    stage 1
    caloric intake 2083
    how many days lifting 3 - 4
    cardio how long and how many days none right now due to glute strain.
    inches lost - 0 from this program yet
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I just realized I never answered the original question for myself:

stage 1 (I did workout A5 today)

caloric intake: I had been following WW P+, but last week switched back to logging in MFP, using the book's calories & macros (with the 300 calorie deficit), so 1400 base + exercise calories(incl. 284 calories for lifting, b/c that's the difference for me bet. lifting & non-lifting days in the book).

how many days lifting: 2-3. I want to do 3x/week, but sometimes life gets in the way.

cardio how long and how many days: 1 hour, 2-4x/week, all on non-lifting days.

inches lost -- not sure yet. I'll take my 2nd set of measurements on May 18 or 19 (first set was my baseline).
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Stage 3
    Caloric Intake: My goal is 1700-2000, however most days I am over. I eat 40/30/30 and always hit the protein goal though.
    Days lifting: 3x week
    Cardio: Depends, usually 15 mins after lifting or so, 3x week
    Inches lost: No idea, some days I feel thin other days I feel bloated. I do step on the scale and after 2 1/2 months I am pretty much where I started at 143. My body composition has changed and I do look better though, and I like the changes in the mirror even if the scale is not going down.
  • keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm about to start NROL4W in a couple weeks and find these results all motivating!
  • girlie100
    girlie100 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Stage 1 (halfway through)
    Caloric Intake: 1850 then 200 xtra for lifting days
    Days lifting: 3x week Mon/Thur/Sat
    Cardio: Soccer training on Weds (this normally burns around 1000cals which I try to eat back)
    Inches lost: so far about 0.5inch off most of my starting measurements, +0.5inch on bicep
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    stage - coming to the end of 1
    caloric intake - 1800 - 2000
    how many days lifting - 2
    cardio how long and how many days - I do kickboxing, yoga and climbing in addition
    inches lost - I haven't taken any measurements since the start but I am sure I've lost a few!
  • TheGsMama
    TheGsMama Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    stage - 1 - I am on workout 3B
    caloric intake - honestly? No idea. I stopped logging awhile back as I hit my goal weight and have to learn how to eat at maintenance on my own. I eat clean maybe 85% of the time. However I do feel like I should get back on the logging kick to hit my protein macros and to not be counteracting the lifting. Gah!
    how many days lifting - 3
    cardio how long and how many days - I do pilates and have added in some treadmill HIIT at the end of the stage 1 workouts since they are short. I also Zumba and BodyRock or ZWOW once a week.
    inches lost - will take measurements after stage 1 and pics too.