Completion of my 90 day personal challenge.

MikeFlyMike
MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
Some of you have seen me post out here. I hate the main boards and refused to use them even before going primal 1/1.
I posted my summary out there at
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/548673-operation-no-love-handles-completed-32-lbs

and I'll share the embarrassing photos to you all too ;)

paleo-1.jpg

Replies

• tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Wow! Congratulations! You look great!!
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    ...and I'm sure you feel a million times better! :)
  • MikeFlyMike
    Thanks, I feel a bit indestructible :)
    Other than the compression t shirt, I don't have a thing that fits :) Even clothes from college hang on me.
    So glad I trolled MDA and made that decision to throw away the grains (and hfcs). Everyone says , "wow that is so hard" - it was the easiest thing I have ever done, and much more satisfying than when I was counting calories and feeling deprived.
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    What a difference! Congrats on your weight loss!
  • tabbychiro
    tabbychiro Posts: 223 Member
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your story and photos.
  • lys617
    lys617 Posts: 51 Member
    That is the way this lifestyle will spread, by all the brave people that share their amazing personal stories. Congratulations!
  • MrsAbles
    MrsAbles Posts: 117 Member
    Mike, your transformation is amazing! Your pics are great (even your heaviest "most embarrassing" is pretty cute!) I think it's time to go clothes shopping.

I agree, quitting grains and sugar has been a lot easier than I would have thought. (Except don't ask me about today, Easter Sunday's fabulous brunch buffet complete with dessert table. Needless to say, I feel bloated.)

Anyway, congratulations on your success. Don't feel shy to share your pics and your success. It's all good.
  • crossfitterwahine
    crossfitterwahine Posts: 61 Member
    Cogratulations, Mike! Your dedication has paid off and there is no doubt this is a lifestyle change!
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Great job! The only "weight loss diet" that is healthy for a lifetime :-) You look super!
  • anima_gemella
    anima_gemella Posts: 243 Member
    wow, thats awesome!
  • CeeGray
    CeeGray Posts: 15 Member
    I think you deserve to go shopping!
  • jpmerc423
    jpmerc423 Posts: 11 Member
    Bravo!
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Great job
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Awesome! You look great, and more importantly it sounds like you FEEL great!

Keep it up :)
  • MikeFlyMike
    thanks again. Yes I feel fantastic. 90 days from now, I'll post again. It won't be a weight loss, but I am pretty confident there will be a difference.
    It was just so frustrating trying to lose before I started primal. I was convinced it was my age and lack of testosterone :)
    I had set a goal of 175 lbs. I blew through that like it was a bag of pork rinds.
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    I blew through that like it was a bag of pork rinds.

LOL, great line! You can bet I'll be using it. :)
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,490 Member
    Well done Mike, a huge difference..
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Wonderful!!! I'm committing myself to a full 90 days of grain free too! I haven't been as strict as I would like- due in part to non supportive in laws who cook things I can't eat and then invite us over for dinner, lol.
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Simply fantastic. You are a poster child for Primal living! Great job! Well done! Go you!! :)

Amy
  • hollyannmarshall
    hollyannmarshall Posts: 7 Member
    Congratulations. Paleo is the way to go! You look fantastic. Congrats