Week 2 - CHALLENGERS

Options
You GUYS ROCK!!!! You are all doing so well!! I'm so proud of the hard work and the great weight loss that I'm reading about!! Whoo hoo!! :love:

This is the new thread for WEEK #2, and for those of you who haven't had a chance to get your weekly weigh in to me - you can do that on this new thread as well.....

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!

If you are out of town and cannot get online, just keep track of what you are doing and log your points (or send me a message with your info) once you get back into town.

Also, if you happened to "gain" this week - you enter that as a - number on the spreadsheet under the weight lost points section. I"ll be checking it out later today to make sure the formula is working - but it should.

The WEEK actually runs from Sunday through Saturday - so the first day is SUNDAY - but most people take that as a REST day. So it's up to you if you want to start the challenges on Sunday or Monday - If you want to clarify on the thread - you can just say "I did Day #1 challenges today" or something like that. Some people like to get a jump start on the week because as the week progresses things come up and sometimes we "get behind".

It's totally up to you.

Replies

• musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump bump -
    HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE !
  • m00nflwr
    m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    thanks for clarifying about when the week starts.

I'm going to try to get day 1 done today because this week is lookin like a busy one.
    today's my last day of spring break. I get into "vacation mode" so quickly! it's hard to get my mind ready for work again tomorrow.

my scale was being wonky yesterday so I hopped on it again this morning to see and it wouldn't turn on again. The battery just wasn't pushed in all the way. easy fix. showed me down another pound!

have a good day & happy easter
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Wow...everyone is doing so well. Congratulations of completing week one so well! 12 more to go:drinker:

Just got home from my parents house. It was nice to spend some time with them with just me. They are 83 and 84 years old and still doing everything themselves, just slower! It's nice to be able to "help" them, although they don't easily accept help! I got my walking and exercises done there and stayed within my calories, although the food choices weren't always what I would have made myself. I didn't weigh on my parents scale because I KNOW it's not like mine. Will weigh-in tomorrow morning...I've had 9 glasses of water so far and I know what that does to my number! I hope the salt from the weekend doesn't make me have a gain!

Look forward to the week ahead! Have a good one, kackie:heart:
  • onefitsurvivor
    onefitsurvivor Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Day 1:
    Exercise Challenges - yes
    Water- 10 cups
    Under calorie goal today - no
    Walking Challenge: 14.38 (running and biking, we can count biking right?)
    Burned 472 (1608/32500)
    Minutes 79 (292/1950)

Felt really good today. I think I'm back on track. I haven't been logging so tomorrow I'll definitely be choosing my food wisely!

Great dedication everyone -- here's to a fabulous week!
    Kelly

ETA: I'm slowly catching up on the exercise challenges too. My triceps are KILLING me!!
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Exercise Challenges -ETA: Went and did yesterday's exercises so I am now caught up!
    Water- 8 cups
    Under calorie goal today - YES!
    Walking Challenge: 8 miles
    Burned 852 calories: 3468/32500
    Minutes 139: 533/1950

Even though I was under my goal I felt like I ate too much today. But I tried to get some good exercise in this weekend to help offset the stuff I ate. So hopefully it will be okay!

Everyone is doing so great!

Kelly -- I am glad you are feeling better and getting back in the groove!

Dorie
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Yes Kelly... We can count biking! Glad you're feeling better!
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Sunday
    Exercise Challenges - caught up for Week 1

Water 12 cups
    Under calorie goal - yes
    walking challenge - 4.5 miles today Total challenge miles 13.00
    Minutes today: 135

Total calories burned for week 1 - 2557/32500
    Total calories burned for week 2 - 339

Total calories burned for this challenge so far - 2896/32500
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter everyone!

Didn't do super great this weekend but didn't suck too bad lol

I went over on calories both days but not super excessively. I will be hitting up the gym bright and early in the morning and looking forward to it.

All in all I felt great about week one and looking forward to the new week.

Let's do it :)
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Alright, I have lost the website for the google spread sheet. Can anyone give me the link

Thanks!
  • tbhoover
    Options
    Alright, I have lost the website for the google spread sheet. Can anyone give me the link

Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuNcw4U_pKc-dGV0QkxhdVA3SEFmTGlaajR4MkN5V0E#gid=26
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Like many of you, I was visiting my parents this weekend. We celebrated Passover and my dad's birthday! I did OK with food (went a little over with wine and dessert for my dad's birthday) and mostly OK with water. My sister did a B210K run with me, which was awesome! I'm a slower runner than her but she's a good sport to run with me and encourage me. :)

I weighed in Saturday and was down 2 pounds! Then, I weighed this morning (I weigh most mornings, just to keep track) and was down ANOTHER pound! I couldn't believe it! I hope I can maintain that for next weekend's weigh in!

Now that the holidays are out of the way, I'll be abstaining from alcohol for the rest of April. I loooove wine and would have a glass or two of wine every night if I could. But I know it's bad for my calorie goal, my metabolism, my workouts...everything. So, no more wine or beer or cocktails for me this month. Anybody want to join me? :)

This challenge is doing me a lot of good. I was on a loooong plateau and have basically lost as much in the past week as I had in the previous 6 weeks!
  • tbhoover
    Options
    Yay!!! So fun to lose weight over the holiday. I was down .2lbs and was quite happy with that.

Challenges are so great to really push yourself and have accountability. I am excited to see if we all reach our 10% weight loss goal at the end of this challenge. I would LOVE to be rid of 20lbs!
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuNcw4U_pKc-dGV0QkxhdVA3SEFmTGlaajR4MkN5V0E#gid=26

Thank you!
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to those of you who lost weight this past week. I did weigh this morning and am exactly the same as 1 week ago, but I am ok with that. I have the last 8-10 pounds to lose and know that it won't go easily. I have been more or less maintaining for a while now, but hope that our challenge will eventually help me get these pounds gone. Being older sucks in that way, but I will NOT give up:noway: :noway: :noway:

The good news is that my clothes are looser and i went shopping Friday and bought a dress I like a lot for our youngest son's Rehearsal dinner this July. And I bought a few other things for this weekend...for a shower & a Tea for our future DIL!

Cowansar: I am with you with the alcohol. I too could and would have a couple of glasses of wine every night with dinner, but I KNOW what it does to my food intake and motivation. My husband has been out of town the past week ...so I have abstained...but will be back tomorrow evening and I struggle when he opens a very nice bottle and wants me to share some with him. I am an all or nothing sort of person, so I am going to have to be "nothing" for a while with wine! GOOD LUCK to both of us:drinker:

Kelly: Glad you're better!

Hope everyone has a good week!:flowerforyou: Kackie
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    Kackie & Cowansar - I'm with you on the no alcohol - at least for the duration of this challenge. I decided a few weeks ago that I would go without alcohol because I have been at a plateau myself.... and today is day 50 for me (with no alcohol whatsoever!!)

So, I just wanted to post that I am with you!! :drinker:
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    HELLO ALL -
    I did not lose any weight - but I did lose 3.5 inches --- :)
    I guess I will take that !
    ?? - can I make up exercises from the previous week??? ( I didnt do Saturday's AT ALL, and was just wondering)
    also - for the google docs - are you using just 6 days (forgetting the worst of 7 'logged' days)?
    looking at the 'total' numbers that run along at the bottom of the spreadsheet shows me where 'I am' in regard to everyone else -
    (that is the only reason why I ask)

have a wonderful week everyone --- and just to note THOSE TRICEPS THINGS H U R T !!!!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    HELLO ALL -
    I did not lose any weight - but I did lose 3.5 inches --- :)
    I guess I will take that !
    ?? - can I make up exercises from the previous week??? ( I didnt do Saturday's AT ALL, and was just wondering)
    also - for the google docs - are you using just 6 days (forgetting the worst of 7 'logged' days)?
    looking at the 'total' numbers that run along at the bottom of the spreadsheet shows me where 'I am' in regard to everyone else -
    (that is the only reason why I ask)

have a wonderful week everyone --- and just to note THOSE TRICEPS THINGS H U R T !!!!

That's AWESOME that you lost 3.5 inches!! YOU GO GIRL!!

You cannot make up exercises from the previous week. Going forward it might be a good idea to try to work a day or so "ahead" whenever you can. For the google docs, I added Sunday on the top of the sheet, so you can get points for water and staying under calorie goal - but there are no exercise challenges for Sunday. Just put a 0 in the Sunday exercise challenge section.

Hopefully I didn't misunderstand your question. :wink:
  • onefitsurvivor
    onefitsurvivor Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It seems like you should be able make up some of the exercises from the previous week. For example, if you go away Friday to Sunday, and you can't do Friday's or Saturday's exercises you should be able to make them up on Sunday. Unless you work ahead, if you don't do Saturday on Saturday, you don't get the points.

I can do either way but it seems we should get a few days for those exercises later in the week. But's that's just my 2 cents...what do I know!? :love:

Kelly
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    OK, IM TRYING TO GET MY WEEKLY SPREADSHEET FOR WEIGHTS UPDATED AND DID NOT SEE WEIGH IN FIGURES ON EITHER OF THE THREADS FOR THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE:

kingskid892
    Pretty1one
    Roshams
    chandra38
    melonerski (vacation)
    ttaylortulsa
    gjrie

YOU GUYS NEED TO GET ME YOUR WEIGHT FOR THIS PAST WEEKEND ASAP!!!!!! :ohwell:

I updated some of yours based on how much weight you said that you lost in the thread. Next time you are on the google docs sheet, notice at the bottom that there is a tab for weight. Each Saturday you will enter that week's weight on that page (there is a column for each of the 13 weeks).

As always, let me know if you have any questions.
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Exercise Challenges -YES!
    Water- 8 cups
    Under calorie goal today - YES!
    Walking Challenge: 4 miles
    Burned 514 calories: 3982/32500
    Minutes 61: 594/1950

Was at the Easter leftovers today so I ate more than I wanted to but still under goal. Congrats to everyone that had a loss after Easter - that is fantastic!

My triceps are killing me! My whole body is feeling these exercises! Also, I agree with Kelly. I think maybe we should get Sunday to catch up with all the exercises from the previous week?? Just my humble opinion! :smile:

Let's make this a good week all!

Dorie