Week 3 Challenge

Options
abby459
abby459 Posts: 748 Member
Heres your challenge for week 3 begining 4/9/12

This week we challenge you to work on your upper body strength!!

The goal is to complete each of these exercises 5 days this week, 10 reps each day. But we will only be reporting totals so space them out however you can fit them into your schedule!! I included videos below the workout in case you dont know how to do them properly. Oh and if you dont have weights or belong to a gym....you can use water bottles or cans of beans...whatever you have to make it work!!

50 Push-ups
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaIpD_zfrJI&feature=fvsr
In the video, she shows modified and regular push-ups, do them however you feel comfortable!!

100 Bicep Curls (50 each arm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO_CNYidOw0

50 Tricep Dips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0326dy_-CzM&feature=relmfu
You will need a bench or chair to complete these!!

Replies

• tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    nice challenge my upper body strength is shocking so ill do my best
    cheers abby
  • saxnviolin
    saxnviolin Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Great challenge! I definitely need to work hard with those reps. :)
    Thanks for the challenge.
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Im in
  • K1mmer
    K1mmer Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Only because it is part of the challenge, but I am in! I love this challenge for pushing me a bit harder than I have been doing on my own! Let's go for week 3 and work off the extra treats!
  • nova189
    nova189 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    awww man this one is hard.... i suck at push ups, no upper body strength... but i will give it my all :)
    good luck everyone !
  • angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Thank you for doing upper body Abby! I hurt my knee, but I can do upper body! Thank you sooooo much!! You are the best!:heart:
  • shelly0013
    Options
    I am going to start them right now, but condused are w supposed to just 50 pushup in a week or a day and then curls and dips are we jusr to do 50 each day or 10 times a day. I will do them each day if needed
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I already do some anyway, will just have to figure how much more I need to add to meet the challenge.
  • babbgirl1975
    babbgirl1975 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm not physically capable of doing 2 of these challenges yet? I don't want to not compete!!! Is there an alternative I can do? It's not laziness at all but I can't do these yet. Is there a possible alternative for the pushups & tricep lifts that can be done?
  • dani22105
    dani22105 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great challenge!!
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Goodness is it me or is those tricep dips a killer
  • 2myfuture
    2myfuture Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    50 per week, 10 per day!
    I am going to start them right now, but condused are w supposed to just 50 pushup in a week or a day and then curls and dips are we jusr to do 50 each day or 10 times a day. I will do them each day if needed
  • Junee37
    Junee37 Posts: 60
    Options
    Oh boy!!! Push ups?!?! O.o <---- Crazy eyes..lol. None the less I am going to give it my all, heck who knows I might just like them!
  • lqohana
    lqohana Posts: 15
    Options
    Here we go! My upper arms giggle like crazy, no more excuses time to firm them up! Let's go black team!