Easter Sunday thread

Options
Hey everyone. Hope you're enjoying a lovely Sunday.

I know for many of my friends Easter Sunday can be MURDER for eating healthy, all that chocolate and jelly beans. :)

What's everyone doing to exercise and dinner today?

I woke up feeling kind of crappy but as the day progresses I seem to be feeling better. I think I will take my bike out for a spin. I don't really celebrate Easter myself, so dinner is pretty standard. It's so sunny and nice out, I'm going to grill up some chicken breasts, and aspargas. I made a nice quinoa salad with lemon and veggies early so I'll just add some feta and it's good to go.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

Replies

• ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    I'm not much for celebrating Easter either. My Dad usually has dinner but he decided not to this year so its just another Sunday for me. I went for a run this morning and my right hamstring is killing now! It started feeling tight while I was running so I walked the rest of the way after that and stretched when I got home, but it is still so tight. I guess I will just keep stretching, I don't really know what else to do. I might try using my rolled up yoga mat like a foam roller (my gym is closed today or else I would go there and use the roller).

I usually do my some weekly food prep for lunches and what not on Sunday so by the time dinner rolls around I don't feel like cooking anything! I picked up some salmon burgers at the store yesterday so I think I'm going to give those a shot for dinner today.

Have a great day everyone!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    We had Chinese Buffet (classic, right?) and I'm going out for a hike later with the fam. Happy Easter everyone!
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Today went pretty well for me and i had a nice healthy day meal wise and plenty of exersize. Once again my focus remains strong and aids me while everyone else gorges on chocolate. It really doesn't bother me that much and it felt good when my partner got her egg and was really pleased. I've been working this weekend and went to and from work on foot. That meant i got a good 2 hours of walking in today which felt pretty good. The gym remains closed till Tuesday so it'll just be walking for me to get my exersize.
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Oh and Happy Easter to everyone :-).
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Well, to make it even harder today is also my husband's 40th birthday, and we went out to dinner at an italian place. Plus I had bought him a chocolate cake for dessert. I have half or the remainder to my in laws :) So I was over calories today, but I ate lightly enough during the day that I don't think I did much damage, plus I played around with the kids in the yard for quite a bit. Hubby will get my leftovers for lunch tomorrow so I'm not tempted.

I'll have to see if my leg feels good enough to run tomorrow (shin splint) or else back to the bike.
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    We did 5.4 miles hiking today. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful hike.

I didn't track breakfast/lunch yet so my front page is telling me I have 3110 calories for the day!! Better get eating!! :-) We are having a little get together with friends tonight (our families are on the east coast). Lamb, mash potatoes, strawberry salad, roasted asparagus, and some vegetables. Yum.

Happy Easter!
  • crystalkiss
    crystalkiss Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great Easter!! :) It was nice for me to spend time with my family. My Easter meal was good too. I actually was under my calorie count,which was nice. I did a 30 day Shred DVD yesterday morning, and a 2 mile power walk yesterday evening. It was nice to get up this morning, get on the scale, and see that i weighed almost 1/2 a pound less than last week. Have a great week everyone!