Weekly Challenge #15

Options
Okay, so I ended up reading through all the previous weekly challenges... and I didn't want to do a repeat JUST yet, so I thought about what in my weight loss Journey I need to work on.

Strengthing! those pesky workout machines, or free-weights! I always forget to log them, or don't pay attention to the name of them to log them properly (and maybe this will get them in the Database hahaha) and I sometimes skip them altogether.

Doing Strengthening exercises are important, especially to us, it helps us build muscle under all this fat, it helps us 'shrink' our skin (because we got a lotta that!).

Not just that, but we got our core as part of the strengthening routine to work on too. Our core work is what helps us shrink the fat from our stomachs/abdominal section/whatever you wanna call it, it helps with posture and with proper work on it, even helps relieve back pain!

Now I know doing Strength and Core doesn't give us 'points' or exercise calories, but without it, we're not building up our bodies and getting that sleek and sexy look we all wish we had... So, this week...

Lets post our Strength and Core exercises, It's not about how much you can bench press, or how many reps you can do. It's about doing a consistent and good level to help our weight loss journey. It will run from Monday to Saturday.

For instance, I tend to Alternate between Upper body&Core and Lower body. (Monday Upper&Core, Tuesday Lower body, Wednesday Upper&Core, Thursday Lower Body.) Although there are some floor exercises I do daily just for balance etc. It is important to give each body part a rest between work-outs! hence the alternating days.

So Monday may look like:

Lat Pull downs - 2x12 at 70 lbs
Chest press - 2x12 at 60 lbs
Single Leg Balance - 1 minute
Lunge to Balance - 5 per leg.
etc

Tuesday:

Leg press - 2x12 - 120 lbs
Hip abduction - 2x12 - 70 lb
Hip adduction - 2x12 - 70 lb
Leg curls - 2x12 - 30 lbs
disc balance w/weight - 10 lbs - 1 minute

The idea is to log it, be consistent and extra points for improvement! So, winner will be whomever logs it daily and if possible, improves and has a full routine.

I hope this made sense, g'luck? (Suggestions/improvements please let me know.)

Replies

• findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea, but there needs to be a more clear way to pick a winner. A lot of people will post everyday.
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    I think this is a great idea, but there needs to be a more clear way to pick a winner. A lot of people will post everyday.

We could do it by Measurement? starting measurement, and finished measurement at the end of the week?
  • findingfit23
    Options
    I would simplify it to number of arm exercises or some other body part. Its needs to be something everyone can participate in. Not everyone has a gym membership to complete a whole routine, but anyone can pick up a gallon of water or other household items to lift with, do leg lifts or do crunches on their own.
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm not gonna participate in this challenge. It is confusing to me. I like the idea of it, but I never log strength training. I usually just do it with my HRM on and log it with the cardio. I actually try to do them both at the same time with resistance bands, free weights and such. So I don't know how the two would incorporate together.
    Good luck everyone though!
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    Hah. This was why I was all "oh crap" when I found out I was going to be doing the challenge. I really am not good at this...

I'll come up with something different.
  • findingfit23
    Options
    Your idea was very good, its just all about knowing your audience and finding something everyone can do :)