How long have you been doing Medifast?

Options
basenji
basenji Posts: 208 Member
How long have you been doing Medifast? I'm only on week 2 but I'm trying to decide if I just do it one month then stay low-carb...or if I should do it another month. My original plan was just to do it one month to get the momentum going...but now I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would.

Replies

• sstein21
    sstein21 Posts: 25
    Options
    I have been doing it for 2 weeks, just had my 2nd weigh in tonight and in down 12.5 lbs, I go to a center though and through them I had to make a 52 week commitment. 7 weeks of MF food then 7 weeks transistion then the rest all on my own with their support and guidance.
  • AJHarman
    AJHarman Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm not doing Medifast but use Medifast weight loss program through Take Shape For Life. I lost 40 pounds last summer and have been maintaining for a long time thanks to this optimal health program! I did gain 5 pounds while on vacation for 2 weeks so I'm back on for one week to lose those pounds, which are probably just water weight due to higher sodium content those 2 weeks. I did lose 30 pounds 4 years ago and maintained over a year before getting pregnant. For me, I tried on my own my entire life and never succeeded until I found Take Shape For Life and the Medifast weight loss program. Why stop doing what works? I say stay on, lose the weight fast, learn habits of health through Dr A's book and never have to worry about going back on a diet again. My two cents :)
  • maryb2011
    maryb2011 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    March 19 marked one year on Medifast for me...I'm almost 90 lbs down and feel like MF has been a life saver for me. I have been "off" program for a few weeks and my losses have slowed. I am back OP 100% to lose the last of my weight.

I'd stay on it...I've been dieting since age 5 and this is the first program I have seen as much success with and have been able to stick to.

AJ Harman- what is the difference between TSFL and Medifast? I thought they were one in the same.
  • Stacivogue
    Stacivogue Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I've been on it since July 18, 2011 and have lost 40 lbs. I think I'll probably be on it until I lose another 15 lbs or so, whenever that may be. The weight loss has slowed as I get closer to my goal weight. Then I WILL do maintenance and keep it off. If only so that I can post on the forums that all of the 'experts' there can go stick their head where the sun don't shine.
  • AJHarman
    AJHarman Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Mary, Medifast is considered a diet, while TSFL is considered a full program because you go through a self-paced study to learn about yourself and education about nutrition and wellness so you have the tools to keep the weight off for good (lifestyle change!). You also get a health coach to guide you through that material if needed and they hang with you even during maintenance.
  • calla130
    calla130 Posts: 19
    Options
    7 months and 11 days...down 81.3 lbs and going for goal (another 85.2 lbs).