I upped my calories last week

Options
Hi guys, I was encouraged to post here after upping my calories last week. First off the reason for doing so, was because I was really struggling. I would do ok on my 1400 calories a day for about 3 days in a row and then I would feel so deprived I would eat everything in sight. It was a endless cycle in the past month. I've been on this journey since March 3rd.

Last week after finding this group and reading different stories on how people upped their calories I was like, YES! This last week I went up to 1800, still working out the same. I lost 4 pounds this week and didn't cheat or have a day where I felt like I needed to have a melt down!!! ;) So yes, I am a firm believer in THIS DOES WORK.

Replies

• oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful start on your journey to health! :D
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    Awesome! I'm so happy for you! Same thing for me...I had mine at 1500 and did great for a month then started into this binge/starve cycle, read all the posts about eating more and have upped my calories this past week to my close to my BMR. Well actually I have a Bodymedia Fit and am just going to subtract 1000 from what it says, unless that is less than my BMR. I was up like 3 lbs today from my low but that's ok. I have so much more energy and don't feel like I'm on a long torturous journey anymore :laugh:

Here's to getting healthy!
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I finally upped my from 1200 to 1600 because I was feeling hungry all the time. Even though I lost 40 pounds eating 1200, it just started to become hard and I kept losing and gaining the same 5 pounds. I feel more satisfied now and I don't feel the need to binge because I was so hungry. I might still need to up my calories more, but I figure I will start with this and see what happens. My weigh in is tomorrow so we'll see what happens :)
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    That's great! It's been a month for me and I have found increasing my calories I haven't had any desire to binge for 2 days : )
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Oh my, it is just amazing how you just don't care to binge when you are eating more good calories. If you are eating the proteins and fats you should, it is rare to want to binge. I find when my diet is off or I let myself get too hungry I am more apt to binging a little on carbs...but still NOTHING like before:-)
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    So glad this is working for you! It gives me hope :)
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm super excited for you!!! Isn't it amazing how well it works?? And you can actually eat and not feel deprived!! I'm so proud of you....great job!!
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    Options
    Great job! It is a good feeling to eat and loose. Eating right and as clean as possible while maintaining your macros is the key.