Meal Plan

Options
pippppip
pippppip Posts: 4 Member
Hi! I was wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing an example of their daily meal plan? I lost 7lbs in my first week (which has reappeared after cheat day.. woops) but I still don't think I'm eating correctly. My main issue is the 2nd lunch. In the book Tim seems to just eat 3 meals, but talks about how there should 4 meals, 4 hours apart. However there isn't much information about this and I think I'm eating too much.

Oh and out of curiosity.. My first week meal plan went like this:

Breakfast
- Spinach
- 2 eggs (increasing protein this week by adding more egg whites)
- Lentils

Lunch (1)
- Chicken (150g/33g protein)
- Spinach
- Mixed bean salad

Lunch (2) Turkey chili (small portion)
- Turkey mince
- Kidney beans
- Tomatoes

Dinner
- Steak
- Mixed veg (usually broccoli and asparagus)
- Lentils

This week I'm having the Turkey Chilli for dinner and missing out the steak. Too much red meat! But still not sure what to do about 2nd lunch.

Any help is welcome,
thanks!

Replies

• jmach002
    jmach002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    your meal plan looks ok. remember you need 30 grams of protein 30mins of waking up. 2 eggs wont do that. i achieve that by making an omelet, 12 tbsp of egg whites and one whole egg. might want to try to add some fish in there. depending on the cut of turkey and steak you could be eating way more fat then you think. although its not one of those things tim says to watch personally i would. although right now it may not matter too much how much high fat meats you are eating long term health you should eat some fish for the omega 3s we all need. try cutting down to three meals a day instead of four as well see if that helps. are you drinking sodas, even diet, or using artificial sweeteners? those can slow weight loss as well. make sure you are drinking PLENTY of water as well.

not to be a party pooper but the first week you probably lost a lot of water weight so expect the weight loss to not be as dramatic the following week. the weight gain after cheat day should go away a few days later, again thats water weight as well.

look into taking the supplements he mentions as well. i take them i think they are working as well (there are pill combos that are premade kinda like a multivitamins so your not taking 4 pills every few hours)

so moral of the story......cut back on the red meat, insert in some fish, very important to increase your protein at breakfast.

when in doubt theres also a great blog that you can post to and get some good answers as well 4hbtalk.com its agreat community full of people who are on the diet!! hope my little essay helps!
  • trkinsley
    trkinsley Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Some people (fellow women, I'm looking at YOU!) omit legumes from the final meal of the day. If it ain't broke though... don't fix it. Eliminate things as you stall.

I agree with jmach002: you need more breakfast protein. Chicken sausage can get you an extra 10-15 g depending on the size of the link; applegate farms makes a nice chicken sage one.

ETA: meal plan:

Breakfast: 2-3 eggs, chicken sausage, 1/4 cup lentils, spinach

Lunch: 6 oz meat, cup of veg, lentils or black beans. Sometimes the veg= salad greens

Dinner: 5 oz ground buffalo, sauteed cabbage, roasted veggies

I usually have a cup of sugar free cocoa every night too, but I'm switching to red wine this week. :)
  • warutledge
    warutledge Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @trkinsley: i was just about to ask how much legumes people were eating, I'm not sure I could find the amount in the book. I just started, and didn't think one should eat two eggs and a whole can.

That being said, where does one get a can of lentils? I'm not much for canned foods, I usually make things from scratch, including beans. But I can't say I've eaten this much legumes since I was a full-time vegetarian (thankfully recovering ;). My regular grocer (Trader Joe's) doesn't have lentils in a can...
  • lynnprice
    lynnprice Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Yea, I couldn't find lentil's in a can either.
  • coolvstar650
    coolvstar650 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Here are the meals that I had today.

Breakfast---330 cals
    Pure Protein - 100% Whey Protein Powder- Vanilla Cream, 34 g (1 scoop)
    Skippy - Creamy Natrual Peanut Butter, 2 Tbsp

Lunch---477 cals.
    Crystal Farms All Whites - 100% Liquid Egg Whites, 15.9 tbsp
    Sauders - Large Egg, 2 egg
    Kroger - Black Beans, 0.5 container (1.8 cup (130 g) ea.)
    Sam's Salsa, 1 serving

Dinner---545 cals.
    All Recipes - Caramelized Onion, 2 oz
    Trappey's - Jalapeno Black Eye Peas, 1 cup (125g)
    Prairie Fresh Prime - Pork Loin Filet, 4 oz
    Kroger - Recipe Beginnings 3 Pepper & Onion Blend Fresh Frozen Vegetables, 1 Cup
    Caramelized Onion, 3 oz

Total cals for the day---1,352

I also did 30 mins. of cardio.
  • mrnoface
    mrnoface Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you want more information on meal plans and really interesting articles about the diet I found http://www.fourhourbodycouple.com/. Hope that helps.