I am eating more but...

Options
msmith2020
msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
Hi, I have been in this group for roughly a week I think, since last April 3rd maybe? Well my story is that I have been on MFP since March 6th, my first 2 weeks I lost around 2.5 pounds each, since then I have stalled. SINCE week TWO! I have of course kept with it and have tracked every day, and up until last Tuesday I stayed below 1440 just like I was doing my first two weeks. Well now I haven't seen anything.. no inches lost.. not even 1/2 and inch anywhere. No pounds lost, my lowest after 2 weeks was 165.4, last Wednesday my lowest was 165. I am up and down like 1-2 pounds every day/aweek. I understand that we will fluctuate with water and all, but after almost a month without losing anything, not even .2 I would think that I'm not losing and something is wrong.. I am keeping my head up bc I am still tracking so I know i am doing something right.. I currently cant workout with much intensity bc I have a medical issue I hope to soon have resolved, but aside from that, after finding out my
BMR is 1592
TDEE is 2181 (for stationary since I really am not doing any kind of exercise right now)

I have been trying my hardest to hit 1700 deficit and even that is hard without me going to bed feeling like my stomach is a hot air balloon about to pop. I know I have read that I will gain a little after upping my calories, and so far- nothing more than the usual up and down 2 pounds. But I still have about 40 pounds to lose (and with not being able to workout) I really want to see SOME kind of change... a little one would help.. but nothing so far. I have platued and I just don't really know why...

I dont fit into anything better- aside from a small nsv of being able to button a size 10 pair of capris I recently bought, couldnt button them the night I got them, but did so on saturday-tight tight tight- but they buttoned.

*sigh* I know most of this is for nothing (my post not the counting) but I guess if anyone has words of wisdom.. anything as to why I am not losing?

Help?

Replies

• msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I dont know if it matters- but I'm 5'5" and 22 years old
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hey there lady, your safe cut amount that you should try to shoot for is 1850 and when you workout hard and burn more than 250 calories you need to start eating back so you will net at least your BMR.

Ok, you must read the topic on what to expect when you have upped your calories. This is not a drop weight quick scenario at all. Take a moment to read some of the links that are on the group home page and all of the sticky notes. I think you will be encouraged to press on...

Key here, take measurements and please put away the scale for a few weeks if you can handle that. There are sooo many factors during this process that affects the scale which you will read about in the articles mentioned.

Lady be encouraged, you aren't gaining, you haven't lost anything...give it at least 4-6wks and if you lose a bunch of inches and not much weight, you have lost FAT, and that is something to brag about. With you not gaining it totally means your body is THANKING YOU FOR THE NUTRIENTS:-) Give it time:-)
  • anewjob
    anewjob Posts: 8
    Options
    Im happy you posted this Lucia! I am doing the same. I up'd my calories and I'll eat at least my BMR or my goal for the day. When my trainer put me on the scale I'm the same or gained only .4. I will give it 6 weeks. I wanted to loose more weight by the time I visit Miami. I am going to contiue and give it 2 more weeks. I've been doing it for 3 weeks now. Pray for me. Lol.