Target weight

Options
douglasmobbs
douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
I set my target weight at 234 partly because I was between 16.5 and 17 stone when I was at my fittest, and partly because on the standard BMI scale 6 foot 2 obese cut off is 233.

I have just done my lean body mass calculations on fat2fit and 15% body fat is 231lbs, and my lean body mass is 196lbs, which just happens to be 1lb over the max for being in the normal BMI range for my height.

What weight are you other big guys aiming for?

Replies

• dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    my goal is 260-265. That's the weight where I used to have women buy me drinks at the bars.
  • Abrowe313
    Abrowe313 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    the lightest ive ever been was in 2004 after i did the adkins diet i got down to 285 and at my height it was good for me but id like to someday get down to 250
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Going all the way down to 200lbs or maybe even 189lbs (that would represent a healthy BMI for me). Will reassess at 200lbs.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I would love to get to 199lbs. But I'm working to break into under 300lbs right now. I'm only 5'10 so medical recomendations say 132-174lbs. I feel that 250lbs. will have me feeling much better, but I do not see me weighing 132lbs lol. Right now my BMI is 46.6
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well, for me, I am 5' 11" and according to BMI my ideal weight is around 175lbs. So I set my goal at 180lbs, but I would be happy at 200lbs. We shall see. So for now it is 180lbs and I have a long haul to get there.
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Going all the way down to 200lbs or maybe even 189lbs (that would represent a healthy BMI for me). Will reassess at 200lbs.

Just wanted to say IMPRESSIVE (noticed your weight loss ticker in the signature)!
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say IMPRESSIVE (noticed your weight loss ticker in the signature)!

thanks buddy!
  • mattcarpet
    mattcarpet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just joined the group and I'm considerably heavier than most of you guys. My ideal target is 220lbs, and I think that is what my ticker is set at but currently mentally my target is to get under 600lbs. Once i achieve that then I will mentally readjust to 600 as my goal and so on until it's more realistic for 220 to be my goal. I hope to get a little support from you guys, I know you all probably know what it's like to be the big guy in the room, so rest assured I'm that guy here, and I'd appreciate any encouragement from this group that might help me change that.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    welcome to the group Matt. I'll help as much as I can. With very little luck, some education about diet and exercise persistence and a whole lot of persistence, you'll see great results. Please take some before pictures so we can marvel at your soon-to-be-successes as you you progress.
  • mattcarpet
    mattcarpet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I put one up that's actually me, I'll save the body shots till I have some that show progress, so I don't feel quite so depressed uploading them. Thanks for the support though.
  • agw1973
    agw1973 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get to 250. Matt, welcome to the group. Stay focused on what your doing and things will happen. You will get plenty of support. We are all here for one goal.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Lowest I ever got to was 237# in high school when I was 17. I was pretty happy @ that weight. Another 10-15 would have been great. Set goal for 220#. I am 6'3 and have a large frame. I always carried my weight well. People that know me outside of MFP at my heaviest estimated I was 350-400#. All are shocked I was almost 500#.

My doctor going by the BMI chart says I should be 170-190. I think it's too low. Plus I believe BMI is antiquated and does not take into consideration muscle and body frame size.
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I would love to be at 225. I'm 6 feet with a large frame.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    200 is my listed goal right now, but that's just picked out of a hat. I won't know what weight is healthy for me until I get close and see what percentage of body fat I'm carrying at that point.
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I havent a clue what my true goal weight is. I use to say 280 since i can remember that weight 10 yrs ago.

Now im only 28 lbs from that. I would say my goal weight is probably around 250 im 6'2 and have a large bone structure.
  • daviddern
    daviddern Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My goal is 235lbs. I just weighed in at 372. Time to go!
  • rjingalls
    rjingalls Posts: 18
    Options
    Down to 285 this morning. My goal at first 280 but now I'm thinking about 255. I haven't weighed that much since middle school haha.
  • liveonlocation
    liveonlocation Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have my goal on my tickers set to 299. I'm 6'5", big frame. Now that I've lost some, and see what others have done, I dont know if I really have a goal weight, or I'll just see what following MPF gets me in a year, or two, or the rest of my life.

I am very happy with the progress right now and I am hoping to hit my goal by Christmas, all indications point to that being a possibility. 64lbs lost since Jan 3rd 2012 so far.

Good luck to everyone.

BTW, Matt, being here is the 1st best step to losing your weight. Calorie counting and logging on MFP is way easier than any other method I have ever tried. Attitude is the hardest thing to change.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    BTW, Matt, being here is the 1st best step to losing your weight. Calorie counting and logging on MFP is way easier than any other method I have ever tried.

You've got that right! A 500-700 calorie daily deficit has been pretty easy to maintain without feeling hungry all the time. I do plan one "cheat day" a week where I have a big dinner and eat roughly my TDEE for the day, just to help control my cravings, and it's been working great.

The happiest thing for me, though, was finding how easy it was to get back into the routine after I went on vacation for 9 days a couple weeks ago. When I've tried other diets before, anytime I fell off the wagon (I'm looking at you, Thanksgiving!), I'd have a ***** of a time going back to eating the way I was. I'd feel like I was constantly hungry, and eventually just went back to eating a ton of food. So far, that hasn't been a problem this time around.
  • docnlk
    docnlk Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new here too, and I lost about 20 lbs. before starting on here. I was at 325 at my heaviest, and am right below the 300 mark right now. I am shooting for the 220's, because i don't think I really want to go a lot lower than that. If I do, so be it, but it's a pretty hard target to get to what they would consider a normal bmi for my height of 5'10". So far, mfp has been great. I'm getting settled into the tracking, and am feeling pretty good. This is also a great community of people all reaching for the same goal, and that helps a lot.