• 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yo_sushi
    yo_sushi Posts: 77
    Options
    My goal weight is 198lbs or 90kg
    I started at 125kg, I'm currently 116kg(255), I weigh in every Wednesday so I'm hoping tomorrow I'll hit 115kg
    I'm only 5'8" but my love for hagen dasz and the bit on the side (ben and sometimes Jerry) saw me hit 125kg or 275.5lbs
    I used to hate buying clothes as nothign in the regular stores would fit me and I'd need to go find fat clothes from the more generous retailers :(

I said to my wife I'll be happy the first time I can walk into M&S and buy a pair of trousers off the hanger, without having to hunt for the big sizes.

I can't get my ticker to show but I'll update as I go.
  • IMDABEAST
    IMDABEAST Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    225 was my initial goal, but as of today I am 207 and still losing
  • ScottFree_66
    ScottFree_66 Posts: 200
    Options
    12 years ago I met my wife and I weighed 220. I had been working out and had dropped from 260 - 220.
    for now 220 is my long range goal (short term goal is under 300).

Once I met my wife and we started dating (lots of restaurants) we continued that pattern. Everything we ate was usually restaurant or fast food.

For 6'3" BMI says my normal weight should be between 150 - 190lbs I can't imagine being that small and looking healthy... once I get to 220lbs I will reassess my goals.
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    My real goal is 199. I haven't been under 200 since Jr High School.

And Matt, and you other guys, trust me save those pics. I wish I had the one of me at 592. I have one at 567 that in 7 lbs I'm going to post with how I look at 367 to remind myself of how far I came. At the time you couldn't get that damn thing out of me with a shotgun.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I set my ticker for 167 based on BMI for normal. Once I hit 220 I will review where I want to be. I used to look good at about 180 so who knows where I'll end up.

Right now the goal is under 300.

Good Luck to everyone on reaching their goals.
  • sabotai
    sabotai Posts: 25
    Options
    Target weight to me is so hard to gauge. I have never been thin... So I can't say I looked good at this weight or that. I am at 260 now, I want to hit 220 and then figure it out. I do intend to have the surgery I need around 220, which I am told could remove 30-40lbs... So I figure at 6'3 and a very large frame... 180-190 would be insane since I am already in 38/40 pants and XL shirts at 260.
  • BobbyScene
    BobbyScene Posts: 3
    Options
    Target weight for me is 225 i am 6'3" and they say i should be 190 but i think that is too small 225 would but me on the border of normal BMI
  • ArmandoG28
    ArmandoG28 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    my target weight is 265. im 6'7 now at 299 so not much to go ..
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys, I am new in the group, but started my trip to health on 1/3/2011 and have lost 205 lbs so far. I initially set my goal at 155 which would be a "Healthy" BMI. As I lost weight, I started to understand my goal, and I am looking to reach a healthy Body Composition which is between 10 and 20 % Body Fat. So, now I am shooting for under 200. Even at this weight, I am feeling really good, so we will see how I do to get the rest of the way.

Bob
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm another newbie to the group. I'm 6'-4" and my highest measured weight was 555 pound. I recently broke through into the 400's at 498 pounds. My goal is 220 pounds which is what I weighted at 11 or 12 years old.
  • icanhaztp
    icanhaztp Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the group too. I started at 390, and I set my goal weight for 180. I have been 179 as a 19 year old (very briefly, before I ballooned up) and I'd like to get back there again.
  • deanjcrawford
    deanjcrawford Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    HI all, just joined the group as looking for inspiration!

I'm 6"1' currently sitting at 118kg and my first target is to get to 98kg and we'll see how we go from there. Would love to hear how you guys did it for motivation (workout routines, diet etc) and do it myself!
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm in an interesting boat - I'm currently 344, but at around 23% bodyfat (or less - it's been about 2 months and 20 lbs since I last checked). That means that I've got about 8-10% of my weight to lose to reach prime percentage. That's only about 30 lbs, so I'm setting my goal at 300-310 (to account for muscle loss as well).

I'm planning to re-evaluate my body fat this weekend and recheck my goals.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Started at 420 Pounds I am 6' Currently at 335 and have an Ultimate goal of 220 I am really enjoying all the support this forum has to offer!!
  • johannz
    Options
    My initial target is 230. Depending on the chart you believe, that is still "overweight" for 6'7".

I grew up thin, graduating high school at 185 lbs, which was probably too thin but I was a long distance runner back then, and had the metabolism to match.

So I figure 230 is a reasonable first goal. I haven't weighed that little in 20 years, so if I can get there, it's an accomplishment all on it's own. At that point, I can start evaluating my long term goals.
  • bears461
    bears461 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    At this point I would be happy with anything under 300. Then I can focus on getting down to 250 and then 200. Have not been in the 200's since high school over 20 years ago.
  • bayarea22
    Options
    Was up fellas?? My name I junior and I'm new to this!!! 2weeks ago I was 406lbs and I just got back from the gym and I'm now 389lbs!! Just looking for some guys who know how to lose weight!
  • Okibus
    Options
    Hi everyone

Im new to this and never been on a site like this before. I have never even tried to loss weight before. I am 6' 5" tall and weigh about 487 lb. My goal is to be at about 280 lb.. I know that seems crazy to stop at 280 but i need to try to get to a weight that seems possible and then i could make a new goal, possibly.
  • Stogie40
    Stogie40 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My target is 170-175. I'm only 5'8, but I have a long long way to go. I've been eating right for over a year and I'm down 145lbs. I just found myfitness pal about 2 weeks ago. So far it's pretty cool.