My 30 day results!!

Options
twinmomtwice4
twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
Most of you know I've been doing the Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. Just completed the first Phase and while I love the workout program, I'm not following her meal plan because it's only 1200 cals.

I joined this group and slowly increased my cals from 1400 to 1700 over the last 4 weeks.

While my weight has gone up and down over the last 30 days, I'm down 2 pounds overall from when I started the program.

A lousy 2 pounds!!!

BUT......I've lost inches!!!! I took my measurements on day 10 of the program and then today.

Here's what I lost:

Waist - 1.5 inches
Hips - 1.5 inches
Left thigh - .25 inches
Right thigh - nothing
Left calf - .5 inches
Right calf - .5 inches
Left bicep - .25 inches
Right bicep - .25 inches
Bust - 1 inch
Chest - nothing

So a total of 5.75 inches lost overall in just 30 days yet the scale barely moved.

You all are right...the scale is not my friend. But the tape measure....it's my new BFF.

Thanks once again for all the wonderful encouragement and support I've found in this group!

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    YAY, a lousy two pounds...hun that is awesome...you lost 2lbs that won't ever come back...two pounds of more fat than muscle because you are fueling to keep those muscles...don't put down even a .4lb loss...a loss is a loss. I am so proud of ya for sticking it out! It is so worth it, to know you will lose lbs and inches without starving through the process.

Isn't it nice to know when holidays come you don't have to stress because you ate a little piece of cake, pie or pudding...lol

WTG!
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    Options
    Very good job! I know you were stressing about the eating more 'trial' and so glad you are sticking to it! It works...lost inches and loose clothes are proof.

I know I have lost weight before on eating a NET 1200 calories. (I have ALWAYS eaten my exercise calories, no matter what!) but definiltey felt like I was sleeping with an empty stomach. I just drank water when that happened and slept. In hindsight, it was definitely not smart because whenever I starting upping my calories, the weight started to creep up.

This is a long term solution that we need to stick with and the fat will just melt off (sigh! visualizing that :)).

Good luck!
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    This is a long term solution that we need to stick with and the fat will just melt off (sigh! visualizing that :)).

Wow.... who cares about the pounds when you look better overall!! I really hate the fact that I'm so driven by the scale and thus every day I try to find something I'm now doing that I didn't used to do and be proud of myself for it!!

This is a lifestyle and you're definitely figuring out how to make it all work!!
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!!! You are doing great!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Excellent work & a good reminder of what's really important. :)
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!

Oh yeah- me and my tape measure are BFF absolutely!!

You're doing awesome!!!!
  • AmyzNewGroove
    AmyzNewGroove Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Wow! Excellent results, if you ask me. :) Keep up the great work!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Awww, that's awesome! Thanks for keeping us posted!!!
  • ktbazzy
    ktbazzy Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I am only 1 week into eating more and need to throw away my scale. My metabolism is all messed up from eating too little for well over a year, so I know it's going to take time and patience. Took measurements the other day and am hoping for better results!
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Congrats! : D
  • AJLovinLife
    AJLovinLife Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!! Your measurements are very close to what I got with her shred. I am not real consistent in doing the 30 days straight though. I move between doing 30 day shred and running. I also moved my calories up about two weeks ago and feel much better. I still want to throw my scale in the trash but the measurement do show a loss so I have to keep telling myself that is good. :) I want to get body revolution but have not convinced DH of it yet....
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    Thank you ladies!!!

I'm going to be tracking my weight on a daily basis like some here are doing, mainly because I want to see if there's a pattern to when I go up and down so I can anticipate my losses (and gains too). But I'm no longer going to obsess about what the scale says. I'm sticking with my tape measure for those positive results!

I did "before" pics too so at the end of this program (another 60 days), I'm hoping to post the "after" pics, hopefully showing a major difference!
  • ChristieStearns
    ChristieStearns Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You may have "only" lost 2 pounds on the scale, but based on those measurments, you absolutely lost more pounds of FAT. Most likely it's something like you lost 5 pounds of fat, gained 3 pounds of muscle. If there's anyway you can have someone measure your body fat you would no for sure. I am trying to keep this in mind... like, wait a min... my goal isn't to lose WEIGHT it's to lose FAT :):) Great job!
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    You may have "only" lost 2 pounds on the scale, but based on those measurments, you absolutely lost more pounds of FAT. Most likely it's something like you lost 5 pounds of fat, gained 3 pounds of muscle. If there's anyway you can have someone measure your body fat you would no for sure. I am trying to keep this in mind... like, wait a min... my goal isn't to lose WEIGHT it's to lose FAT :):) Great job!

Wow, look at you!!! 102 pounds lost!!! Congratulations!!

I love the way you explained it!! 2 pounds is nothing to balk at when I look at it this way!

I did enter today's measurements into Fat2Fitradtio and apparently I did go down in BF by 2%!!!
  • oonga
    oonga Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    OMG they are ALL brilliant results!! Nothing to sneeze at!!
    Great work and keep it up!!
    I look forward to your next positive instalment!
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    That's great!!!

I had my trainer measure my body fat last week so I can keep track of that and my measurements and stop stressing about the scale!