5 day pouch test....

Options
mfisher16508
mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
So I googles, and found alot of stuff, most leading back to the website in the following link.....sounds easy enough
I noticed I am craving carbs and even though I am only close to a month out I may try this now.

http://www.5daypouchtest.com/plan/days1_2.html

Replies

• LittleRiverSoon
    Options
    New to this site. I had lapband surgery March 2010 and have reached my goal, but having trouble maintaining. What is the 5 day pouch test? I have never heard of it??
  • kidskart
    kidskart Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bump! Interesting read, I marked it to re-read later!
  • Anointed2luv
    Options
    Google: http://5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.html

Below you will find a brief list of the menu for each day.

Days One & Two: Liquid Protein
    low-carb protein shakes, broth, clear or cream soups, sugar-free gelatin and pudding.

Day 3: Soft Protein
    canned fish (tuna or salmon) eggs, fresh soft fish (tilapia, sole, orange roughy.

Day 4: Firm Protein
    ground meat (turkey, beef, chicken, lamb), shellfish, scallops, lobster, fresh salmon or halibut.

Day 5: Solid Protein
    white meat poultry, beef steak, pork, lamb, wild game
  • cheekymonkeyface
    cheekymonkeyface Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    5 day pouch test, used for checking and possibly reminding us of our restriction. More of a test for bypassers than banders to be honest.

The best part of the 5 day test is it reminds us what we should be aiming to eat food wise and gets rid of nasty carb habits...
  • Abasmusikbx
    Options
    I am 4 months out and my Mom is 6 years out but we may do this together this week, Thanks :o)
  • Anointed2luv
    Options
    Okay, I completed the 5 day pouch test and lost 5 lbs. It was't that bad. I am more focused on protein first and can honestly say that I am less interested in carbs. In my conclusion, the 5DPT was a success!
  • kidskart
    kidskart Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Okay, I completed the 5 day pouch test and lost 5 lbs. It was't that bad. I am more focused on protein first and can honestly say that I am less interested in carbs. In my conclusion, the 5DPT was a success!
    Thanks for the update! I'm thinking of doing this, glad to have the feed back!
    Lisa
  • JustLena75
    JustLena75 Posts: 114
    Options
    It's a good jump, but that's all it is. I know people that run to this more often than is healthy.
  • Anointed2luv
    Options
    I agree, I would only do it again if I see myself severly off track. I am actually still losing weight. I think the test jumpstarted my weight loss again.
  • linguist98
    linguist98 Posts: 83
    Options
    im 6 mos out from surg today ...so today i am starting the 5 day PT...im planning on doing it bi annually just to get back to basics and to eliminate any bad habits im might have let creep in (eating too fast...drinking too soon after or with meals...portion sizes...etc..).