What horror books would you like to see made into movies?

Options
istalkzombies
istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
A couple Steve Alten books I like are Meg and The Loch. A Dean Koontz novel I read called Tick Tock was pretty awesome till a little past half way through if they changed it up from there out it would be pretty awesome.

Replies

• TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    I was looking through the older threads on here and found this one. One book that I have always felt should be turned into a movie is Horror Show by Greg Kihn (yes the former 80s rocker who sang Jeopardy got into writing).

The book reads like a horror movie, has all the elements and is even about the making of a 50s horror movie. It has an Ed Wood feel to it. Here is the discription of the book:

When Monster Magazine reported Clint Stockbern sets out to interview the legendary fifties horror movie director Landis Woodley, he finds a reclusive, forgotten, and bitter old man. Worming his way through the door of the Scotch-drinking, cigar-smoking filmmaker's home, Stockbern finds a treasure trove of B-movie memorabilia. Playing to the movie genius's ego, Stockbern does his best to dig up a few good anecdotes from the past--but what he uncovers is a story of real-life horror!

Flashback to 1957 Hollywood, where Landi Woodley is getting ready to shoot his latest movie, Cadaver, set in a real-life L.A. morgue. He is also bent on throwing the ultimate Halloween party. Attendee will include Lucifer-obsessed anthropologist Albert Beaumond and Devila, the celebrated TV horrow-show hostess. Even Satan himself may put in an appearance. And when cheap special effects are replaced by real corpses, a deadly curse may windup taking its toll on all these foolish enough to become involved with the filming of the cult movie classic, Cadaver.
  • SavvyCake
    SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see pretty much all of John Ajvide Lindqvist's books on the big screen :)
  • stormfront98
    stormfront98 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Something by Tamara Thorne like Candle Bay or The Haunter or Moonfall.