Eating when asleep..

Options
JadeRabbit08
JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
A weight gain of 2.4 kilos overnight! Thats like 5.29 pounds.

So logically I must be going into the kitchen at night and eating 18, 515 calories worth of food while still alseep! (as it takes 3500 calories excess to build one pound of fat 5.29 x 3500=18 ,515)

Ahh well no that didnt happen. So what could have happened? Not sure how good this site is overall but this article has some good points -

http://www.bodytransformationlab.com/5-causes-of-daily-weight-fluctuations/

(By the way my sodium intake yesterday was double what it normally is)

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Oh man I hold five lbs of water easy when I eat too much sodium.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    That was a great article!

I smacked my forehead when it said 'food volume'. BIG DUH and never ever even crossed my mind that food weighs different amounts inside me. lol I'm a genius!!! :D
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    I love the "Whoosh" reason...that makes sense. I tell you there are times where I look leaner and no change on the scale at all...I literally have less back handles...honestly that is truly how I am measuring...as it is shrinking I know I am losing fat...scale on the other hand...a different story. But there are times it is like bam, new low and then start to bounce. So glad not to be fixated on that little demon...lol!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this article, I've been feeling very "puffy" since my weekend sodium bender......Can't wait for a wHoosh to come my way :smile:

Never considered the volume issue either.....
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    LOL...I too never thought about the volume.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    That's a great article! Thanks for sharing! Never thought much about food volume but that makes total sense!
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    Volume.... now don't i feel silly for not thinking of that one. LOL

Great article!! Thanks for sharing it.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Just goes to show its our measuring tape that is king in deciphering our progress!

Volume...huh! Thats not one I had thought that much about either!
  • rubybeach
    Options
    Interesting point of view on "whooshes"........thoughts?

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

I would agree with it based on my personal experience. Right before I lose and inch- I get 'wobbly' in that area. Like the fat is gone and has been replaced with something more jiggly and less firm. Then a day or two later- bam- inch loss.

Wonder if Jade has tracked idetifiable whooshes? I've seen this in my own scales I think but haven't kept such immaculate records of my measurements.
  • ANewLucia
    Options

I would agree with it based on my personal experience. Right before I lose and inch- I get 'wobbly' in that area. Like the fat is gone and has been replaced with something more jiggly and less firm. Then a day or two later- bam- inch loss.

Wonder if Jade has tracked idetifiable whooshes? I've seen this in my own scales I think but haven't kept such immaculate records of my measurements.

Wow, that is something to pay attention too...I know I have experienced the whoosh effect where I feel heavier, then I get up the next morning and whoosh I feel leaner (after a good long bathroom trip) and then have a nice downward movement on the scale. Now, haven't noticed the squisy/wobbly part, so very interesting... will go read this article.
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Ok, I have to say wow...that totally is so very true...I am one of those water retainers. I recently started doing high carb refeed days...didn't realize you were to do it without so much water to draw water out of the fat cells and into the muscle cells (ok wow I say)...and I have totally noticed a drop in weight...the whoosh affect in full force. I also noticed that I haven't bounced back up either...now my bouncing is like .4lb or so...not the normal 4-5lbs...and the last couple days my sodium has been a little higher than normal and still no bounce up...hmmm I am sooo going to keep an eye on this...

Kiki, what are your thoughts....
  • rubybeach
    Options
    Interesting.....Lately I've slightly gained and feel very pillsbury doughboy-ish, I've been tracking so we'll see.

I have to say, I rarely drink, but have found it odd that I'm always down on the scale afterwards......now it makes sense.

Lucia- what do your high carb days look like, if you don't mind?
  • ANewLucia
    Options
    Interesting.....Lately I've slightly gained and feel very pillsbury doughboy-ish, I've been tracking so we'll see.

I have to say, I rarely drink, but have found it odd that I'm always down on the scale afterwards......now it makes sense.

Right now during my cut phase I am doing 35/35/30...so on high carb days I increase my carb ration by 15...but I still take in my 1gr prot per lb...
  • rubybeach
    Options

Right now during my cut phase I am doing 35/35/30...so on high carb days I increase my carb ration by 15...but I still take in my 1gr prot per lb...

Thank you!