Week 2 - Fitness Goals & Checking In

Options
Lucy_Monroe
Lucy_Monroe Posts: 55 Member
So, how did we all do last week? Did you meet your fitness goals? How are you feeling? :smile:

Last week, my goals were to add two extra sessions of strength training to my workout schedule and get my sleeping pattern back to something resembling normal.

I added one extra session, :embarassed: so I still need some work on getting in my extra strength training and I only managed to get adequate sleep 2 nights out of 7. I need some coffee. :drinker: LOL Please don't think I drink tons of coffee and that's keeping me up. I don't. I don't even drink it every day. :wink:

This week, I'm sticking with the same strength training goal and am adding a trip to the doc to have my thyroid checked as I think that's the problem with my sleep. Being fit doesn't just mean eating right, it means taking care of ourselves in every way, right?

What are your fitness goals for this week?

Hugs,
Lucy
www.lucymonroe.com

Replies

• Jafdustys
    Jafdustys Posts: 12
    Options
    I didn't do as well as I tought I would last week. I did up my exercise but didn't lose any weight.
    I think My goal for this week is to track better what foods are not helping me.
  • cbev100
    cbev100 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I didn't really exercise except walking to my part time job (which is about a 15 minute walk and I worked twice this past week).
    Tonight I started the Firm Express, it was 20 minutes and I really liked it; and of course my yoga class tomorrow night.
    My goal this week is to do the other two Express DVD's for the week.
  • meandi09
    meandi09 Posts: 4
    Options
    i did horrible on my fitness goal . during the holiday hoopla i fractured my foot and had to keep it elevated so swelling would go down but this week im on it . i plan to ride the excise bike 3 days
  • Tammy_Boyer
    Options
    I did pretty good this week with my fitness goals. My goals were to add different exercises instead of just walking. I love the short Denise Austin videos you recommended Lucy. I am feeling the burn so I know they are working. :happy:
  • debinewb1
    debinewb1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I did so-so on my goals last week. Easter dinner was hard for me. I just wanted to eat and eat and eat. I didn't, however, but I did overeat. This week, I'm going to try and make it to exercise class at least 3 times this week. Also, I'm trying to walk at a quicker pace at work. Thanks for having this space and check-in for us! :love: Debi
  • GinPrice
    GinPrice Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I cut out soda and I drink more water so those goals were accomplished. I lost only .5 of a pound, but I'm totally okay with that. If I don't gain, it's a great week. LOL
  • valeriecozart
    Options
    I can't checkmark the box on last week's goal yet. My goal was to go to the gym 3 times. I'm exercising by walking, Wii Just Dance, and other means, but I also set a goal for myself to get back into going to the gym and using the strength training equipment there as well as the different cardio machines. It's not that I don't have other options, but the gym has a pool and I'd like to work up to feeling secure enough to use the pool. I did make it to the gym twice before my anxiety worsened and I kept coming up with reasons not to go that 3rd time. I drove by a few times but there were so many people I couldn't go in. I talked mom into joining too, since she's trying to become more fit, and I thought that would help but her anxiety is worse so....I guess my plan was faulty.

So for this week my goal is to add in a third trip to the gym. Of course, I have to get the first one in! :)
  • judyblow
    judyblow Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had a good week last week. I worked out 3 days at the gym and walked 2 miles two days with my neighbor. Lost 6.1 pounds. On to this week.
  • DebraParmley
    Options
    Last week being ill derailed me from exercise goals, food goals and even water I suspect. With fever I surely needed more.

This week I am heading out to the RT convention so my goals are going to be very simple.

1. Get some form of exercise in every day whether it's yoga in my room or walking around the conference center.
    2. Drink more water. Convention hotels always dry me out.
    3. Look for healthy options when eating and eat something every four hours.
    4. Get enough rest/sleep.

What I am not going to do is say oh I'm at this convention and it will just be to hard, I'll just wait till I get back to practice healthy behaviors.

And I will try not to beat myself up if I fail at any of these goals.
  • isabellabishop
    Options
    Mine was to start tracking my food and i think i did for half the week. So not bad but room for improvement. This week i am shooting for at least 5 days. I also want to increase my cardio. I am doing great on the strength training but need to kick up my cardio.
  • Bee070707
    Options
    My plan this week is to get more strength training in. Last week I did more cardio than anything else. Easter dinner was hard for me though, I did have a small piece of Oreo pie. I love the plateau explanation on Lucy's blog, I plan on eating more often. I usually eat 3 main meals with two snacks a day. I will try to break that up into smaller meals.
  • samanthajayne13
    Options
    I was only able increase my exercise time to five minutes on one day. I wasn't able to increase the time the other six days. I did add an exercise that I love doing which is jump rope and once I get done jump roping I feel so good. I did not increase my water intake for last week but I plan on trying to it this week and increase my exercise time by five minutes everyday. I plan on exercising 35 minutes instead of 30 minutes. After I exercise each day I feel great. It seems like I have more energy to do things and I sleep at little bit better at night.
  • jenifer315
    Options
    This week I want to throw in 3 days of weight training to my routine. I have an awesome 30 minute kettlebell DVD by Bob Harper from Biggest Loser that is good. I did it on Sunday and I felt it big time on Monday.

I also want to increase my water intake from 52 ounces to 78 ounces. Drinking water is my biggest struggle. I have to force myself to drink it. I went from drinking 16 ounces to 52 and it is difficult to get it in. Although, I am getting a lot of exercise at work walking to the restrooms:)
  • BarbaraJeanSmith
    Options
    Have you tried adding those flavor packets to your water Jenifer? Or freezing it to make it really cold? Those two things helped me to increase my intake. I hated water too....but those have really helped. :smile:
  • BarbaraJeanSmith
    Options
    I excercised for a little bit both days of the weekend but not as much as i had hoped. i caought a cold at the end of last week so that zapped my energy quite a bit but I figure some is better than none.

This week I am going to make my fitness goal to do an exercise DVD at least 3 times for 30 mins. Food goal is to try and eat more healthy food instead of pre packaged stuff and watch my sodium a bit closer.
  • jenifer315
    Options
    I've started adding the crystal light ones with stevia this week. It does help me drink the water. I was told to stay away from the ones with asperthame in it. I don't know how anyone can drink it plain. At least the flavor makes it have a little taste to it.
  • authorkatedavies
    Options
    Last week was a challenge - spring break and on vacation, so lots of meals out. I did pay more attention to what I was eating, but maybe not as carefully as possible. We also walked a lot, to balance out the food.

My goal for this week is to increase the water consumption, and to do more than walking for exercise. I made it to the Zumba class last night and had a fabulous time!
  • BarbaraJeanSmith
    Options
    I've started adding the crystal light ones with stevia this week. It does help me drink the water. I was told to stay away from the ones with asperthame in it. I don't know how anyone can drink it plain. At least the flavor makes it have a little taste to it.

I can drink it plain but it has to be really really cold. I was buying bottled water for a while. I found the Ice mountain does taste better. But that was four bottles a day to get my 8 cups. I discovered Crystal Light Margarita flavoring and LOVE that so when I am at work I fill up two Gatorade bottles each morning and put one in the freezer. Take it out around 10 or 11 and put the other one in the freezer. We have a filtered water system at work so that helps with the taste vs tap water. Anyhow this helps me a lot to drink the amount that I need. More often than not I drink three 32 oz bottles a day...sometimes 4.

I also like the Strawberry Orange banana Crystal Light and the Chreey pomegranate isn't bad. Crystal Light has lots of flavors so you should find something you like.

It took mw a month or so to really get in the water habit so to speak. I do better during the wqeek with it than on the weekends. I probably only drink 4-6 glasses on the weekends because I run around a lot and don't want to have to be chained to the bathroom.

You will get there and it really does cut down on how much I eat I think.
  • Piper110
    Piper110 Posts: 8
    Options
    I did not do too well on my goals last week, only made the gym 3 times, and the weekend sunk me. We had Easter on Saturday with my family and Easter Sunday was with the in-laws. I did ok watching what I ate, but I still ended up gaining 4 lbs back. So I am keeping the same goals of 5-6 days at the gym and no beer or Singapore Slings for me!
  • Lucy_Monroe
    Lucy_Monroe Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This is so cool...seeing how you're all doing, hearing your goals for this week. The important thing is to not give up and keep trying, adjusting our goals to fit our capabilities (both up and down) as we go along. :happy:

:heart: Congratulations to everyone's successes last week and kudos to all of you who are moving forward despite setbacks to your routines, etc.!!! :heart:

Regarding the water - it's absolutely critical for weight loss to be hydrated sufficiently. Water is necessary for sweat during exercise and elimination of waste in our body (i.e. fat). I will say that the more you drink the more used to the taste you will become. Will it become "tasty" to you? Maybe never. (I'll never, ever, ever like liver.) But will you get past wanting to gag on it? Yep. That you *can* do. :wink:

It's like exercise...you don't think you'll ever get used to a tough workout, but eventually that workout becomes so routine *you* decide it's time to up your game. :bigsmile: