What do you do when you're under calorie goal but you've met

Options
twinmomtwice4
twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
I'm under in calories today, esp net, but I'm very close (if not already at) my macros. And I'm over in my sodium.

So where do I add? I need to add calories but can't really afford to eat any more carbs, protein, fat or sodium!!!

Replies

• LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I usually find something that has protein but a decent amount of cals. I don't really care if I go over on the protein. It's tough to find cals that will keep you under all your macro goals, so I usually choose protein as the things I'll go over on.
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    Okay, that's what I was wondering, as well. If I had to go over on one of the macros to get the calories in, which one would be best....so you answered that for me!! Thank you!!
  • LoveLiveLift
    Options
    Protein is typically the hardest one to consistently do well on. So that way, if you'd had a low protein day, for example, one higher one may help even it out. I guess I tend to look at things more on a weekly basis rather than a daily.
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    What are macros?
  • LoveLiveLift
    Options
    Macros are your macronutrients. Carbohydrates, protein, and fats.
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    UGH, I can't seem to find anything that will increase my calories.

I've tried entering peanut butter, beans, sausage but it all ends up putting me over in another area. I really wish I had cooked some chicken breasts over the weekend for times like this!!!

Maybe a protein shake? I have some mix but have never tried it. Maybe now's a good time to suck it up and take the plunge.
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    Protein is typically the hardest one to consistently do well on. So that way, if you'd had a low protein day, for example, one higher one may help even it out. I guess I tend to look at things more on a weekly basis rather than a daily.

I really need to do that too. I obsess too much on the daily stuff but I need to realize that it does balance out on a weekly basis.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I would go with the shake for the protein. Usually the carbs in them are pretty low...
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    I would go with the shake for the protein. Usually the carbs in them are pretty low...

Thanks Lucia! Gonna have it with dinner instead of plain water!
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

Thanks Lucia! Gonna have it with dinner instead of plain water!

Good move!
  • ChristieStearns
    ChristieStearns Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Protein is pretty much always good, it's not really bad to go over like it is with carbs or fat. And if I had to choose, I'd go over in fat before going over in carbs as well... especially healthy fats.
  • twinmomtwice4
    Options
    The protein shake was actually really good!! I don't know why I'd been holding out for so long! The directions recommended mixing 2 scoops with 4 oz of milk or water. I need to use at least 6-8 oz of fluid next time. It was super sweet but definitely delicious!

Thanks for the suggestions!!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I agree w/all the suggestions. Glad you got it in! Pretty much whenever in doubt, I go w/protein.