WORKOUT PLAN

Options
MsTanya77
MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
Can some you ladies/men tell me what is your current workout plan while on Eating More? I hear the best method is three days of lifting and 2 days of 20 min of some type of HIIT cardio. If you are currently using this method? What type of HIIT are you doing on cardio days?

Replies

• BlessedShauna777
    BlessedShauna777 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    whats HIIT cardio? but i think that's what i do. i run for 20-40 mins tues and thurs and lift on mon wed and fri. sometimes il do intervals or ride a bike on cardio days too
  • lgladybug
    lgladybug Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I do cardio every time I workout which is normally 4-5 times per week. I try to life weights on 2 or 3 of those days. I really don't have a strong workout plan. It depends on how I'm feeling that day. Lastnight I barely slept because of my loud neighbors so I'll probably rest today and skip the exercise all together. I've been stuck at my current weight for awhile now. =(
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I started with P90X, so same kind of idea...strength 3 days a week, cardio 2 days, yoga 1 day, and then rest 1. Right now I'm doing Insanity which is mostly high intensity intervals...not much traditional "strength training." However, pretty sure the intervals are making me HUNGRIER so I've been eating tons since I started Insanity. After this, I plan to do a hybrid of P90X and Insanity so I get the more traditional strength training in while also incorporating the intervals...I think I will really like that!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Can some you ladies/men tell me what is your current workout plan while on Eating More? I hear the best method is three days of lifting and 2 days of 20 min of some type of HIIT cardio. If you are currently using this method? What type of HIIT are you doing on cardio days?

Any cardio really...ellip, tread, bike...the key is to get the heart rate up and down for intervals of time.

So, start out 3 min at mod pace, then go hard as you can for 30-60 secs and then 2 mins at moderate pace( trust you will need to recover) and then peat that about 8 times...then a 3 or so min cool down. That type of training gets your body burning calories at a higher rate for an extended period of time after your workout...and it takes all of 20-25 mins...
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options

Any cardio really...ellip, tread, bike...the key is to get the heart rate up and down for intervals of time.

So, start out 3 min at mod pace, then go hard as you can for 30-60 secs and then 2 mins at moderate pace( trust you will need to recover) and then peat that about 8 times...then a 3 or so min cool down. That type of training gets your body burning calories at a higher rate for an extended period of time after your workout...and it takes all of 20-25 mins...

Thanks sis! :)))
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the StrongLift 5x5 program. I just started it on Monday. I was doing a 6 day a week lifting program but it became too much. The SL 5x5 is only 3 days a week and on the other days I will do some cardio kickboxing, swimming laps, or intervals on the stairmill or the elliptical.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I lift 3 days, and do 2 days of cardio. One day HIIT, and one day kickbox or other cardio of choice. Most of my cardio choices have an interval type factor to them. I do about 30min for the cardio days.