New Here!

Options
lillebanon
lillebanon Posts: 214 Member
I'm brand new to eating more to weigh less. I've been stalled out for months at a 1200 net calorie diet because that was what MFP told me I needed to be eating. Dumb dumb dumb!

My goal is to eat at my full TDEE for a few weeks to restore my metabolism, which is 2082 before exercise calories (includes an additional allowance for breastfeeding my toddler). Most days it will be 2500+ with exercise. I am not looking forward to the initial gain I will probably see, but I trust this will work. The science makes sense. After my metabolism is restored I will probably try a 15% cut.

I tried to increase yesterday and only got to about 1600 net/ 2100 total and felt like a stuffed pig. I can tell it is going to take a while to get used to eating that much.

I'm not going to bombard with questions right now as most are probably answered in existing posts that I still need to peruse... I just wanted to say HI!

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Lille girl I am SOOOO HAPPYYYYY you are here!!!! I read your post and wanted to cry for you because I have been there. I stopped nursing two babies early because I couldn't lose weight. I didn't know. So, I am so thankful that you are stepping out in faith to restore your metabolism and nourish your body for you and your little one!

LOL...I think almost every question is answered in some thread or another, but feel free to post anytime:-)
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hi Lillie!

So happy to see you taking the high road and continuing to provide your body with nutrients it needs to feed that beautiful little one of yours ;)

If you don't see any of your questions answered, be sure to ask :)

~Kiki
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I love this group and you will too!!!
  • lillebanon
    Options
    The first few days have been rough, just in terms of feeling over-full. I'm trying to spread the extra calories out throughout the day, and feel like I am eating constantly. I'm kind of glad I've been too busy to run/exercise because I don't think I could stand to eat those calories back yet. But so far, no gain on the scales. I was actually down a pound this morning, which was surprising since I haven't had a BM in a few days (normal for me - IBS).
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I get the "feeling like a stuffed pig" thing. My daily calorie limit is 2600, and unless I throw in low volume calorie dense foods, I have trouble meeting it without eating junk. But I will say, I am much happier cooking with a tbsp of olive oil than spritzing the pan with cooking spray! :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    The first few days have been rough, just in terms of feeling over-full. I'm trying to spread the extra calories out throughout the day, and feel like I am eating constantly. I'm kind of glad I've been too busy to run/exercise because I don't think I could stand to eat those calories back yet. But so far, no gain on the scales. I was actually down a pound this morning, which was surprising since I haven't had a BM in a few days (normal for me - IBS).

Oh yes, the full feeling doesn't last forever. You actually get to a point where you can't imagine eating any less and I have now added refeed days, so I eat maintenance cals or more twice a week and tend to net cut value instead of BMR on workout days cause I am just hungry....I just need more food:-) Scale is still trending down, so yay!

But anyway, that is just great. Your body is happy...now to help get your bowels moving...give this a try, get up in the morning and drink two glasses of water wait about 30 min then lay down in the bed and rub your tummy with a little pressure in a clock wise circular motion spanning the entire stomach. Do that for a few minutes, then go sit on the toilet and continue to rub in the same pattern for a few minutes...hopefully peristalsis will kick in and get you going. Two glasses of water first thing in the morning lubricates things and gets business moving...
  • lillebanon
    Options
    I've started drinking Celestial Seasoning Laxatea about every other evening, and the Senna herb in that seems to help. I'm a huge water drinker, all day everyday, usually over 100 oz per day. Never giving up my morning coffee though (straight black).