I'm Done!!!

Well I did it!!!
I finished the program :)
I feel great!!!
I went for my fitness consult yesterday. They tested me in all areas.....cardio, strength, flexibility, they took my measurements, and they did the body fat percentage.

My cardio is in the elite category, and my strength was excellent!
Flexibility needs some work, but yoga will help with that :)
I lost 10 pounds total weight.
I lost 2 inches from my bust, 3 inches from my waist, and 2 inches from my hips.
My body fat is 15.7% (female athletes have 10-12% body fat)
My biological age is 33, but my body age is 28.
I feel amazing!!!

....But now what?
I think I might do what Jamie did, and go back to phase 2 (around week 8), and continue on from there. I want to see a bit more results with my abs....and Im really starting to see progress.
Either that, or I might do another bodybuilding.com program. One in particular that caught my eye was Felicia Romero's.....shes ripped...but in a sexy way!

Good luck to the rest of you....hang in there....you can do it :)
I look forward to hearing all of your success stories :)

Replies

• ItsLessOfMe
    ItsLessOfMe Posts: 374 Member
    Wow! Great Job. I'm really starting to think phase 3 isnt for me. So many things. Both the diet and the workouts seem unrealistic. Especially the sprints and the plyometrics which I dont even think there is room for next to the equipment at my gym. I am going to do the best i can but its awesome to hear that you got through it :) Congrats on all of your sucess :)
  • lauri78
    lauri78 Posts: 19
    As I said before in other posts, weeks 9 and 10 are probably the toughest. I literally was soaked with sweat after the workouts.

I modified the 30 minute sprints a bit... Instead of running for 30 seconds on level 8, then resting for 30 seconds.... I ran on level 7 for one minute, and briskly walked at 3.8 for one minute (repeated for 30 minutes) It's all about getting your heartrate up quickly.

As for the plyo, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.... Don't get me wrong, it's tough... But I thought I'd feel like a total idiot jumping around the gym. I actually enjoyed switching it up a bit, and I really liked incorporating the skipping rope into the workouts. When I was dealing with limited space, I would swap out a plyo exercise that didnt take up too much room (ex. Do jump squats instead of long jumps). For the most part tho, the plyo wasnt that space consuming.

Carb cycling was a bit challenging at first, but it really comes down to common sense and proper meal planning. Meats, fish and eggs are carb free. Veggies are very low in carbs (except for potatoes and sweet potatoes), most dairy is moderately low.
    So really, it's staying away from grains, pasta, and most fruit. The staple of my diet was tons of meat, veggies, low carb dairy and whey protein shakes. I wasn't too rigid with the carb cycling. I tried to keep the numbers low, but didn't panic if I went over.

Hope this helped a bit... I think you should try phase 3, you can do it :)
  • debwaid
    debwaid Posts: 573 Member
    Such awesome results!!! I know you are proud as You should be very proud of these results and especially your determination!! Congrats!!!
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Wow....Congratulations!!!