Advice needed

Options
Pakitalian
Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
Hello ladies!

First of all, I am soo happy I found this group!! Proud to be among such strong, powerful, beautiful women :)

My name is Sheena, and I am looking at starting some stregnth training for toning. I have lost 162 lbs (just with diet, now regretting not exercising) and I have a LOT of extra skin. I have gained 40 of that 162 back, so I am here to lose it again and stregnth train with it this time. I am looking to buy NROLFW soon, but for now, I have made a small "starter" schdule for myself. I was wondering, is it better to work muscles on a schedule, versus doing full body workouts each day... Just an example:

Day 1: Arms
Day 2: Abs
Day 3: Back and Chest
Day 4: Legs and Glutes

or is it better to do a few full body exercises each day? For me, since I am just starting I KNOW I am going to be very very sore. So I figured I am letting each set of muscles"rest" while I am working on a different set of muscles. I am very weak as of right now, but hoping to change that soon. Thank you for all of your feedback. You all are amazing!

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Hi Sheena,
    Welcome to the group!

Full body workouts are superior for beginners. NROL4W recommends 3 workouts per week with a day of rest in between lifting sessions. All of the workouts consist of compound exercises that work multiple muscle groups. Many of us who have done or are currently doing the program also do some sort of cardio on non-lifting days.

Split-body workouts are best suited for intermediate and advanced lifters.

There is a group of women who are following the program and they provide great support and advice. You're welcome to join! Here's the path:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w