Protein Snacks

Tammi140
Tammi140 Posts: 47 Member
I have a recipe for protein balls that I keep in my freezer for those evenings when I feel like a treat. It is getting a little boring though. Does anyone have favorite healthy snacks or treats that are high in protein?

Replies

• anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    How about almonds?
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    I agree ... nuts are good and vege sticks in fridge ready to go or hummus to dip them in
    Can you post your recipe for protein balls?? Thanks
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Can I have the recipe for the protein balls? They sound good ^_^
  • Tammi140
    The protein balls I make change every time. The main ingredients are:

1 jar of all natural peanut butter,
    1 Cup of Old Fashioned Oats,
    1/2 Cup of Ground Flax Seed and
    Protein Powder to desired consistency

Then, depending on the consistency, I added either Stevia or Agave Nectar for sweetening. I have also added mashed banana's, chopped up walnuts etc. I then roll them in bite size balls and keep them in a baggie in the freezer. I don't quite feel so guilty grabbing a couple every now and then at night knowing that they are all natural.

I did get to try Black Bean Brownies last night. i think those will definately be another alternative! I will post the recipe when I have it.
  • smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    How big of a jar of peanu tbutter, and do you cook the oats ? :smile:
  • Kierap31
    Kierap31 Posts: 2
    I think black bean brownies are really good as well. I have also tried this frozen egg white dessert that I think is pretty good too. I will post the link below:
    https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=211879808889748
  • Tammi140
    I use the std. size pb. I believe it is around 16 oz. The pb with the oil works best. I do not cook the oats, but I might try it :) I bet it would add bulk, and I would get more from my recipe.
  • hedgehogia
    hedgehogia Posts: 40 Member
    Walnuts, hard boiled eggs, cheese, turkey lettuce roll-ups, bumble bars...
  • kristinajaffe
    kristinajaffe Posts: 128 Member
    i just came across a recipe I call fiber one clusters.. 1 box of the original fiber one cereal.. with one bag of chips.. I used dark chocolate and i added a tbsp or 2 of natural peanut butter... so melt the chips in dbl boiler add p.b. and pour in cereal... mix together .. put spoonfuls onto wax paper and refrigerate ... they were pretty good.. and my calculation I made pretty big scoops.. I think around 35 cookies and they were 77 cals each.. and loaded with fiber..