Say hello....

Options
Deanthedog
Deanthedog Posts: 122 Member
hey guys,

Dean here just to get us started ...hope you are all ok....im doing the Insanity program and gotta say its got me up and motivated to become a better me.

Replies

• Sildrae
    Sildrae Posts: 86
    Options
    Hey Dean and everyone else!

I'm a couple of weeks behind Dean on Insanity, though he's part of my motivation for Insanity! If it wasn't for him I most likely would not be doing it, and truthfully, I don't think there is a better workout program suited to have the best results with just your body weight!

--Lee
  • LoopyLaura68
    LoopyLaura68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    I'm Laura,married to Dean & after seeing the results that Dean was getting from Insanity,I decided I wanted to try a Beachbody programme too. I didn't think I was quite ready for Insanity,proper newbie at exercise & quite unfit,so decided I'd try Hip Hop Abs first.I only started it Monday( 9th April) but gotta say I'm enjoying it :bigsmile:
    hopefully I'll get good results from it,become fitter so i can then tackle Insanity,though after seeing an infomercial for turbo Jam,i wouldn't mind doing that next! :laugh:
    Feel free to add me
    Laura
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I just finished chalean extreme about 2 weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Reached my goal weight about half way through the program. I'm starting p90x next week

Carly
  • Sildrae
    Options
    Hi Carly!

I have P90X and working through Insanity at present, I'm slightly behind Dean though, but all good! I've not worked out to P90X due to not having the equipment with me to do it, though in time I may do it, my goals are to do Insanity and Asylum, maybe even a Hybrid at some point, but for now, focused on Insanity!

Either way, all the best through your P90X journey and we'll be here to encourage and motivate you!

--Lee
  • Deanthedog
    Options
    hey Carly

good job on the chalean extreme good luck with p90x
  • Marsha_S
    Marsha_S Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm on my 6th day of P90X Lean. I enjoy exercise and have tried different workouts (The Firm, Turbo Jam, Jillian Michael's etc), but it seemed no matter what I did, my tummy would not budge:sad: . Anyway, P90X has really grabbed my interest and I'm enjoying it. I've got a LONG way to go with pullups and chin ups, but my eye is on the prize of an all round toned and healthy body, not just a lean tummy.

Will be great getting to know you all.:flowerforyou:
  • Sildrae
    Options
    Hello fomami!

Welcome to the BeachBody UK group and hope you enjoy it here with your fellow BeachBody members =)

How're you finding P90X? It's unfortunate that all the other work outs haven't actually bonded well for you, I think P90X will definitely give you what you want though! Given you push, and you push hard! You will get the results you want to have! :)

Myself and Dean are doing Insanity, it's intense and insane, but really good, I've noticed a lot of results and I'm only half way through month one. (2 weeks) Dean is further than me and has visible differences too, as you can see from his results pictures :)

All the best flower!

--Lee
  • Jennistarr85
    Options
    Hey everyone, im currently doing turbofire and chalene extreme. I love it so much so this is my second time doing it.
  • Sildrae
    Options
    Hi Jennistar85!

Welcome to BeachBody UK group, how're you finding the Turbofire and Chalene Extreme? How well do you think it's worked with it being your second time through them? I've just finished month 1 on Insanity and ready for recovery week tomorrow to prep for month 2 :D

--Lee
  • nuttyduffy
    nuttyduffy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm starting Insanity on Monday (must be insane!) and looking for people to help me and keep me motivated through it!

I'm gonna be getting up an hour early to do it so the kids & hubby can't laugh at my exhaustion lol - not sure whether I should eat before or not though, think I'll try the first couple of days and see how I feel, unless anyones got any suggestions??

How's everyone finding it and is it really as hard as it looks? Will I be able to walk and drive afterwards without looking like an idiot ;o) ?????

Taking my before pictures on Sunday after a nice big fat roast dinner so hopefully the results will look even better lol!! Don't think I'll be brave enough to show anyone until I can start to see some results though!

Duff
  • Sildrae
    Options
    Hi Duff! :)

I'm at the end of month 2 week 1, Dean is almost done with month 2 =) -- Add us both if you like, and the whole group too as we are all motivational and will help you work towards your goals! :)

It's entirely up to you on whether you eat before working out or not, though it is a lot harder to push on empty, I'd say it's better to have something small before starting, if I'm going to work on empty, I have an Actimel yoghurt before I start, throughout the workouts I drink quite a bit of water, so have that on hand! :)

Make sure to get yourself a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM as you will see most of us post) as you will have the most accurate cal burning results by that! Plus it's good to keep an eye on your heart rate!

It's definitely hard, if someone was to say it was easy; I'd personally call them a liar. Some exercises you mind find really easy, while others might prove difficult to do, the hardest for me is the football shuffle? Took me ages to get that right! Depending on how hard you push, you should be fine to walk and drive, just after work out, and it's standard that you will need to bath/shower right after, if you're anything like me, then you will be dripping after the workout haha! XD

Week one you more than likely will end up walking like a penguin or something worse as Dean said to me hahaha! That will fade out though hehe!

Ooo, nice choice to start the pictures too, again, depending on how hard you can push yourself and maintain the composure doing the workouts, will depend on how well you make changes, they are pretty fast though! :) Good luck on your journey flower, welcome to the BeachBody UK team also, and most importantly, have fun! =)

--Lee
  • cheshire1986
    cheshire1986 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hi all starting insanity monday and realy hopeing i got the heart for it, i have been out of the gym for a couple of years now and didnt know i missed my gym body till i turned the tv off after watching south park at night then woke up to have my coffee in bed in the morning switched the telly on to see the insanity advert over and over again. told myself i was going to loose the bulk of the weight then get on the exercise and the time has come for the exercise. watching the discs now and woundered what i have let myself in for but im still excited :)
  • nuttyduffy
    Options
    Thanks for the tips Lee - not sure walking to school like a penguin is going to be a good look but hopefully it'll help stretch those poor muscles out. I'm now starting to get quite nervous (still excited though!).
    I'll see how I feel the first few days on whether I eat or not, maybe have a banana or something 15-20 mins before if I'm struggling energy wise.
    My last day of enjoying eating what I want before the insanity starts tomorrow.

Good Luck tomorrow Cheshire1986 - let me know how you do & I'll let you know if I manage one of the those push up jacks lol
  • cheshire1986
    Options
    Thanks for the tips Lee - not sure walking to school like a penguin is going to be a good look but hopefully it'll help stretch those poor muscles out. I'm now starting to get quite nervous (still excited though!).
    I'll see how I feel the first few days on whether I eat or not, maybe have a banana or something 15-20 mins before if I'm struggling energy wise.
    My last day of enjoying eating what I want before the insanity starts tomorrow.

Good Luck tomorrow Cheshire1986 - let me know how you do & I'll let you know if I manage one of the those push up jacks lol

will do good luck push through :) oh and i got an email back, if your interested in getting your t-shirt at the end go to this link http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/beachbody-challenge and about half way down on the right is a link to follow with your before and after measurements and pictures because you WILL finidh the 60 days :)
  • nuttyduffy
    Options
    Oh I'll check that out when I'm nearer to finishing ;0)
    Just had my roast dinner, gonna get the kids ready for bed & school tomorrow before I do my before pics & all my measurements.

Must be mad but I'm actually quite looking forward to the morning! Not sure I'll be saying that this time tomorrow if what everyone says is true lol
  • cheshire1986
    Options
    Oh I'll check that out when I'm nearer to finishing ;0)
    Just had my roast dinner, gonna get the kids ready for bed & school tomorrow before I do my before pics & all my measurements.

Must be mad but I'm actually quite looking forward to the morning! Not sure I'll be saying that this time tomorrow if what everyone says is true lol

im exactly the same absolutely buzzing :) props to you though im worryed about finding the time and i dont have kids to get sorted as well as myself best of luck to ya in the morning :)
  • nuttyduffy
    Options
    Lol it's because of them I'm having to do it - I was a skinny cow before they came along ha ha.
  • cheshire1986
    Options
    ahhhh i just have a slow metabalism and a fast appitite lol i like man vs food style meals ha ha
  • Deanthedog
    Options
    Hello all, welcome to the group feel free to add us :)