Less Calories = Cold, More Calories = Hot

Options
k0nfyo0zed
k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
Has this happened to anyone?

When I was in the low-cal kick, I was freezing. ALL THE TIME. Summer. Winter. Didn't matter. I was cold. Hoodies and blankets in an apartment at 70 degrees. My average body temperature was about 97.8*F.

Now that I'm a week into higher calorie eating, it's the opposite. HOT all the time. No blankets at night. Telling hubby to GET OFF ME I'M HOT when he wants to snuggle up at night. Dripping sweat much more at the gym, seriously soaked shirts. And now my typical body temperature is somewhere near the normal 98.6*F.

I thought at first it was because of the weather change, but the AC in the apartment has been set on 75 through out and I've just been roasting!

Thoughts?

Replies

• dannyarguello
    Options
    its probably your metabolism kicking into high gear.. at low calories your body didnt even have enough cals to keep you at the normal 98.6!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    It takes energy to metabolize food. The increase of food has your metabolism revved up.

I am experiencing the same. I hardly ever turn on my heater at my job...I used to run it all the time.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Oh good! That means it's a good thing, not that I'm dying or suffering from some weird plague thing. Thanks!
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    Oh I hope so! This will be another good effect of eating more I am such a cold person, I'd love to be warm : )
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Yep. The literal definition of a calorie is "a unit of heat," and your body is the fire...

So adding calories to the body is *literally* adding fuel to the fire ;)

(which also explains the coldness w/lack of calories, and why we naturally are driven to "comfort foods" during cooler time of year)