Don't yell at me but.....

Options
Quel1970
Quel1970 Posts: 91 Member
Last week was pretty much horrible for me. After two yrs, my fiance & I split up :( I was pretty much a wreck and (true-to-form), I didn't eat. I also didn't work out. UGH!

Yesterday I managed a short walk with a friend and today I did actually get 3 'meals' in my stomach. I wanted to lift but pulled a muscle yesterday helping my son move. Hopefully tomorrow I can get back to lifting, I miss it.

Not that it matters now really but do you think my week of tragedy screwed with my body?

Replies

• JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    When your making a lifestyle change 7 days is not much in the scheme of things.
    Find as many ways to be kind to yourself as you can while your going through this hard time.
    Sometimes a week or so off for your body from lifting can be a good thing. I had a lifting friend who had a planned week off every 4 months or so and he said he often saw improvement of new personal bests a couple of weeks after the break.

<3
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I am so sorry :( I think the human body is equipped to deal with mourning...and one week of undereating/exercising will not destroy you. I hope everything works out for you...you can do this!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Oh my sorry you are going through such trying times...please be easy on yourself and take a moment to work through your issues. Do your best where you are. Stressing over eating on top of current events just adds to it. Do what you can and get back to it when you can. I pray that you find peace...
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Oh my sorry you are going through such trying times...please be easy on yourself and take a moment to work through your issues. Do your best where you are. Stressing over eating on top of current events just adds to it. Do what you can and get back to it when you can. I pray that you find peace...

Fabulous advice, couldn't agree more. Take it one day at a time.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry! :( But really a lot of athletes take a week off every now and then. But try to get back to work, even if in a modified (easier) way. That and eating right will help you feel better. [Hugs!]
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Just continue to take care of yourself, you are going through a lot right now. There is nothing that happened to your body during that time that cannot be undone. I spent the past weekend practically on my death bed, holding no food down, and netting negative calories for almost 3 days. This week has been a tough one, getting back on track, and I stepped on the scale Monday w/a 4lb gain from my lack of eating. I am taking it slow, allowing my body all the food that I can manage, and have no doubts that I'll be back on track within a week or to.

This is my lifestyle, and yours too. Just do the best you can, there will be occasional hiccups, but nothing that will not soon go back to where it was. A week is just a blip on the screen in the grand scheme of things.

What's more important right now is your mental state of health, which needs all the time that you're willing to give it.
  • Quel1970
    Quel1970 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your kind words. I haven't been lifting very long and I worry that the tiny advances I have made will be lost. BUT I am going to forge ahead.

I really am trying to eat. I get upset and my tummy feels nauseated... then I have a hard time eating. And yes, I got on the scale this morning and I am right back to 117...ugh. I just hope I can lift what I was lifting. I care more about my strength than the scale any more.

Anyhow- again, thank you for your kind words and encouragement!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your split. Looks like you got wonderful advice already....just hang in there and take good care of yourself.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your split. Looks like you got wonderful advice already....just hang in there and take good care of yourself.

Everyone has given great advice, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for the pain you are going through.