Stage 1.....How Long did your workout last?

Options
season1980
season1980 Posts: 129 Member
So I just finished Workout 1A and am so excited! I did the workout as described and did the rest between each set of exercises, I completed the workout in 30 min. Does this seem right or did I get through it too fast. I guess I was expecting an hour long session for some reason.

Replies

• DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My stage 1 workouts were between 25-35 minutes too... dont worry - the next stages definitely take more time to complete! Especially when the rest periods increase. My Stage 3 workouts are typically between 60-75 minutes.
  • eponine1976
    eponine1976 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    It takes me about 30 min for Stage 1 workouts also.
  • season1980
    season1980 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ok great! I didnt feel like I was rushing through but just wanted to make sure! Thanks!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I word of wisdome. Tylenol is your friend :)
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options

Eek. I'm planning to start Stage 1 next Monday. Do you think I'll need Tylenol later that day, Tuesday, or hopefully not still on Wednesday?
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Yikes it's been taking me well over 60 minutes... Guess i need to pick up the pace. I enjoy quiet time at the gym too much i guess
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    took me 30 minutes..now onto stage 2...as far as tylenol...depends on you as a person..i was very tired from workout 2..but the next day very little soreness..did increase as the day went on..but nothing where I had to take something..again..everyone is different
  • Yanicka1
    Options

Eek. I'm planning to start Stage 1 next Monday. Do you think I'll need Tylenol later that day, Tuesday, or hopefully not still on Wednesday?
    The worst is about 36-48 hours after the workout. I remember thinking it would hurt less to fell down the stairs then to walk down the stairs.
  • tuneses
    Options
    Am I doing it wrong? Cause as I understand there are 5 exercises with 60 second rest between each. That's 5 minutes. You repeat that 6 times and you get 30 minutes of rest alone. So how does the workout take everyone 35 minutes?
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Am I doing it wrong? Cause as I understand there are 5 exercises with 60 second rest between each. That's 5 minutes. You repeat that 6 times and you get 30 minutes of rest alone. So how does the workout take everyone 35 minutes?

In stage 1 there are 5 exercises in each workout. You repeat each exercise 2 times and rest between them 60 sec. The rest periods alone are 10 min total. here is how work out A looks like:

Work out A 1:
    Squat- set 1, 15 reps , rest 60 sec

Squat-set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec.

Push up-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Seated Row-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Push up- set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec.

Seated Row-set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec.

Step up-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Prone jackknife-set 1, 8 reps, rest 60 sec

Step up-set 2, 15 sets, rest 60 sec

Prone jackknife-set 2, 8 reps, rest 60 sec.

With warm up and stretch should take a bit longer than 30 min.
  • Yanicka1
    Options
    You rest between each set. Where does the 6 come from?
  • tuneses
    Options
    No wonder i'm sore? The workbook I downloaded shows each workout has 5 exercises that you do 2 sets at a time. Then you do that 3 times total...

So this three times is what i am doing :/

Work out A 1:
    Squat- set 1, 15 reps , rest 60 sec

Squat-set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec.

Push up-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Seated Row-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Push up- set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec.

Seated Row-set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec.

Step up-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Prone jackknife-set 1, 8 reps, rest 60 sec

Step up-set 2, 15 sets, rest 60 sec

Prone jackknife-set 2, 8 reps, rest 60 sec.
  • tuneses
    Options
    This is the log sheet i am using. It looks like it says 6 sets per workout. It's been a while since I read my book, I misunderstood :(

http://maggiewang.com/2008/05/20/new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-diet-calculator-and-workout-logs
  • angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 692 Member
    Options

I'm starting stage 1 on Monday too! :tongue:
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I did Workout A today and including rest, it took me approx. 40 min., including a warmup set of 8 reps for each move.
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    No wonder i'm sore? The workbook I downloaded shows each workout has 5 exercises that you do 2 sets at a time. Then you do that 3 times total...

So this three times is what i am doing :/

No wonder you're sore is right! Wow, that would've killed me :)
  • tuneses
    Options
    I'm feeling much better now and lifting a lot heavier lol. I feel like a dummy!!