Hey everyone I am new here

Options
I have been smoking a pack and a half a day for 33 years. And I have not been strong enough to quit yet. I am scared of gaining weight. I quit years ago for three months and started back. I do remember how much more energy I had and how much easier it was for me to jog or etc without giving out of breathe. I am 49 years old now and part of me wants to quit and the other part is terrified of gaining more weight. I joined in hopes of reading stories and somehow finding the courage as some of you have to put my cigarettes down. So for now I am taking this one day at a time. And I am trying to loose 35 pounds I gained back from slacking off on MFP.When I get mad or stressed I run for a cigarette. I know it is just a crutch . I have already been told that. I need to focus on another way to relieve my stress besides smoking. I did stop smoking in my house. So I am trying to make it where it isnt so convienet for me to smoke. havent smoked in my house in over a year. AND i love the way it smells. I hate the smell of a cigarette but just havent been able to stop yet.

Replies

• goofyrick24
    goofyrick24 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You can't succeed if you don't try!! I'm on like my 5th quit in the past three years.. This time I'm using Chantix, and friends on here and other sites to help support me.. 10 days without a smoke!!! You can do it!!