How many calories do I eat? TDEE/BMR confusion.

Options
jennys11
jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
I apologize in advance to be another person to post a similar question. I have read and read other questions and responses, but I am still struggling in figuring this all out.

I have a bodybugg so I know my TDEE is 2050 calories burned total without exercise on a day that I would say watch tv on the couch all day.

BMR: 1585
TDEE: 2050 (without exercise)
TDEE: 2450 (includes 400 extra exercise calories)
TDEE -20% = 1970 to consume on non-workout days.

How many calories do I eat on normal workout days? 1970 is what to consume on non-workout days or can it be always? Do I set MFP to 1970 and make sure my net does not go lower than my BMR of 1585, assuming I have a high calorie burn exercising?

I’m worried/scared about eating more to weigh less, so if I can have some support about this, I would so appreciate it.

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I apologize in advance to be another person to post a similar question. I have read and read other questions and responses, but I am still struggling in figuring this all out.

I have a bodybugg so I know my TDEE is 2050 calories burned total without exercise on a day that I would say watch tv on the couch all day.

BMR: 1585
    TDEE: 2050 (without exercise)
    TDEE: 2450 (includes 400 extra exercise calories)
    TDEE -20% = 1970 to consume on non-workout days.

How many calories do I eat on normal workout days? 1970 is what to consume on non-workout days or can it be always? Do I set MFP to 1970 and make sure my net does not go lower than my BMR of 1585, assuming I have a high calorie burn exercising?

I’m worried/scared about eating more to weigh less, so if I can have some support about this, I would so appreciate it.

If you would like, go right ahead and eat 1970 daily, then on workout days, start eating back if you burn more than 385 cals. That will leave you a nice deficit weekly and you will fuel your body too...let us know how it goes! Please read what to expect when upping cals...that will help you!
  • jennys11
    jennys11 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your response. Strange/scary to think I have to eat 1970. I'm used to eating much less to "lose" - but apparently that's not working. I appreciate your advice and will do it!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Wait until you feel the energy and just how much better emotionally you feel...and weight loss too...just can't be beat!