A question about morning and your tolerance of food right wh

Options
mfisher16508
mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
I went back to work last night, woke up today and went downstairs to a lovely baked chicken and gravy with some veggies and baked beans, I ate a piece or too of the chicken and got sick as soon as it landed in the nest. I notice that it in the morns/eves, whenever I get up, I have a hard time tolerating food until about an hour or so....does this happen to anyone else???

Replies

• tessanne10
    tessanne10 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I usually either mix my protein powder with yogurt or make a shake. It seems to set the best after I get up, but then I can add the food in after that, and not have a problem.
    I also drink some water before adding food in later, so I'm hydrated and that isn't causing the nausea.
    I tend to dehydrate a little during the night and need to rehydrate a little first before putting anything in my stomach.
  • loribenfield
    loribenfield Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I normally drink a protein shake in the morning for breakfast. But, when I eat an egg and toast it goes down very slowly. So I do not usually do not eat breakfast but drink it. If I do still have breakfast I wait about 2 hours after I get up to eat.
  • giggler55
    giggler55 Posts: 10
    Options
    I definitely can't eat right when I get up. My pouch needs some time to wake up. I hav about a 45 min commute to work, I just sip a water based protein shake on my way in. Then about an hour or hour and half later, I actually eat something.
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies, this am I just had a protein shake, and that went well. I thought maybe it was just me.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have to be a little extra careful in the mornings, but I usually don't have any trouble with food. I eat a fried egg and two slices of bacon for breakfast. Cold water usually gives me problems, but hot tea is fine.
  • sokyknitter
    sokyknitter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It happens to me. I just sip a little tea and then eat about 30-60 minutes later.
  • cemetaryrose
    cemetaryrose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way only it doesn't matter what time I eat, it's just that first meal of the day. If I'm not careful I very well could be seeing it again because it didn't go down right. I am sort of a horrid patient with this considering I am a muncher (I was always a snacker it's a VERY bad habit I'm trying to break) and I'll open up a bag of goldfish or some form of nuts and snack on those. They seem to be the only thing I can keep down in the mornings and it's probably because I eat one cracker or nut every 5 minutes. I haven't tried the protein shakes because I've never enjoyed any form of shake (not even icecream based milkshakes. I know I'm odd) just the consistency is strange to me.)
  • 1girlamong4boys
    Options
    I have my water, cup of coffee or a shake, I can not go food first thing in the AM. I had GB 09/22/09 and I have always been that way I will have breakfast either an hour after I get up or my shake will be my breakfast and I will eat my first solid meal at lunch.