It's working for me!

Options
crudd123
crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
I've been stuck on a plateau for a year now! I upped my calories over a month ago and today when I weighed I was down 1.5 pounds! I'm so excited! I've been eating like 1800 or more a day and exercising too but it's finally working! I swear I've tried everything but this upping your calories really works! I'm praying I can keep going and lose the last 30 that I have to lose! Thanks so much for this group! Who would have thought you had to eat so much more to lose weight? What a concept!

Replies

• k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm loving it! And it's only been a little over a week for me... and I've already lost more inches than I did in all of March! YAY FOOD! :D
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I just took my measurements tonight! I should have done that 2 years ago! I'm dropping sizes just not on the scale!
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    I am just starting this too. Hope it works for me. I am only 5'2" and I took in 1900 (net 1600) cals today. (possible PMS though too). My TDEE is 1945. Kinda scarey but going to do this!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Congrats on sticking it out! Those "no scale movement" weeks are the HARDEST! Just trust the process!

@FaithHopeBelieve- I'm also 5'2 & eat 1900 ;)
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    yeah, have had almost 2300 for day... and i've got more scheduled for after my workout, a protein shake and a banana.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I love hearing success stories!!!!!! Keep it up!!!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You give me hope that I will see a loss in this next week myself.. 4 weeks in and up 2 pounds still..grrr..
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i'm loving this eating more thing!

i'm only on day 3, and i'm down 3.5 pounds. i can't imagine that's normal. i think i just got lucky and happened to hit a whoosh effect (sudden drop) at the same time i started this. i had been stuck around 152.5 for several weeks, but this morning the scale said 149. the first one-forty-anything that i have seen in a long time. i am now preparing myself for the inevitable rise after drop potential bloat due to eating more thing. nice to start with a drop though.

also, purchased NROLFW yesterday. excellent read, and i appreciate the guy's humor. gonna get started ASAP. I'm one of those if i'm in i'm all in types.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    i'm loving this eating more thing!

i'm only on day 3, and i'm down 3.5 pounds. i can't imagine that's normal. i think i just got lucky and happened to hit a whoosh effect (sudden drop) at the same time i started this. i had been stuck around 152.5 for several weeks, but this morning the scale said 149. the first one-forty-anything that i have seen in a long time. i am now preparing myself for the inevitable rise after drop potential bloat due to eating more thing. nice to start with a drop though.

also, purchased NROLFW yesterday. excellent read, and i appreciate the guy's humor. gonna get started ASAP. I'm one of those if i'm in i'm all in types.

That is my attitude as well, which is why I stayed the course when I wanted to run back to lower cals...lol. Glad you are doing this thing and have the book...great great great!