40+ mom struggling...new here!

Options
photogmama
photogmama Posts: 32 Member
I read the strategy...I will try it...heck, I will try anything!!! It's been a long frustrating struggle...have only been gaining for the past 3 years...
I exercise 5x per week, weights and cardio...quit tennis because it wasn't enough exercise. Now I am tracking and come close to my daily goals and do not lose weight...
got the fitbit to track even more...still not losing....
toning a little...keeps me motivated, but i am still frustrated!
eat organic real foods, very limited dairy and gluten free (mostly...)

wth else can I do...this sounds like it makes sense...my endocrinologist suggested the hcg shots/500 cals a day diet...that cannot be good. i cried more after hearing that was my "only" option.

any advice is welcome...as are friends in the battle!

Replies

• k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Yeah, HCG is a no-no. Food is good, metabolism is good, and muscles are good. Eat, work out, and live! :D

I'm sorry I don't have too much advice to offer you, other than make sure you calculate your numbers with the provided links and make sure you at least net your BMR every day so your body can function :) I am still kinda new and researching things.

Other than that, enjoy being full again! :D
  • photogmama
    photogmama Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    thank you...and thank you to all who ran and friended me! I love this group! please let this work for me....
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hey Lady, so glad you are here! This is the right place for you. You may want to think about doing a full metabolism reset which is to eat TDEE for 8 wks...yes eat your maintanence cals...and then make a cut to 10% less tdee to get you losing and if you plateau then you can cut another 5%. Just a thougt...If you yo-yo'd a lot that will reset things and get your body out of starvation mode. Now you may gain a little but the body will stabilize and I have seen where some bounce a bit, some lose a bit, but you have to be willing to ride it for the 8 wks. Then your metabolism is set higher so when you do the cut you will start to lose again. And you will never again have to do severe cuts.

Calc your bmr and tdee as discussed in the post, note the info on macros and remember protein is key...1gr per 1lb of body wgt.
    Then check out the link on what to expect when upping
    And just for encouragement read the link on group page about the 700 cals, I think it is the 3rd link.

Please keep us posted.