What kind of dumbells are you using?

Options
melibun98
melibun98 Posts: 9 Member
Hi all!

I'm new here... I just purchased the Body Revolution and I'm so excited to start! I don't have any dumbells, though, and need to purchase some. What kind of dumbells is everyone using? Does Jillian use more than one weight in these workouts? I was looking into getting some adjustable ones, but was wondering if I would be able to change weights on those quick enough when following her workout. Any thoughts? TIA! :smile:

Melinda

Replies

• tyabd
    tyabd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    well here very one is using there own... choose ur pick :) and people start from 2-3 lbs and then increase up to 5 depending upon their strength... no specs..
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    RIght now I am using 5 & 8 lb weights. I want 10 and 12. I am considering adjustable but have the same concern.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I use 3s, 5s, 8s, and I need 12s because for some things I've been holding the 3s and 8s together which I suppose might not be safe. lol. good luck!
  • Jocccelynnn
    Options
    I use 5 and 10 pound neoprene dumbells which I really like. It's a comfortable grip with that material.
  • melibun98
    Options
    Thanks for your input, ladies! It sounds like a lot of people gain strength pretty fast doing this program and those individual dumbbells aren't cheap! I was doing a search and saw that Jillian has a pair of adjustable speed weights that go from 2.5-12.5lbs for $68 on amazon. I think I might just get those...

I just checked my JMBR order status and it shipped! That was quick! I'm so excited!
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I would not recommend the adjustable kind as she has you moving through the program too fast to do any messing around. I can barely get the cables wrapped around my feet and I've missed a chunk of the actual exercise.

I have 3s and 5s,which were good to start but I really need 8's and 10s at this point.
  • melibun98
    Options
    Oh ok! That's exactly what I was concerned about. Thanks roander!
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Walmart has individual weights too, they're not too expensive there.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Started out using 5s and now, at the end of Week 4, I am using 8s and 10s.

I agree with everyone else about JM switching things up quickly and like Roander, I miss some of the cable exercise trying to get it set up right.

Still, I am LOVING Body Revolution and have lost at least an inch from every body part!!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Walmart has individual weights too, they're not too expensive there.

Thanks~ I keep forgetting about good ole Walmart~ I paid $$$ at Target for my 8s and 10s!!
  • melibun98
    Options
    Walmart has great prices! I found Jillian's 6 piece dumbell weight set for $30. Comes with pairs of 3s, 5s and 8s so I'm all set! Thanks for all of your valuable input. I am so ready to get started! I should receive my package on the 20th, so I'm gonna start on the 23rd. So so ready to shed these pounds!