doing c25k again

Options
last summer i started the c25k and i complete it in Oct. then in Nov. i started the bridge to10k completed that in Dec. then the holiday hit and was away for a week or so.. ran on and off since then but now i can barley run 20 mins. been trying to increase my speed..i want to get it up to 6mph.so i decided to start the c25k on Monday and start my run at 6mph. i can run at 6mph for about 5 mins. hopefully this time keep it up and by fall move on to bridge to 10k..

Replies

• FitKate
    FitKate Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Welcome friend! I just started C25k myself but will be happy to support you in your return. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Hi! It's my first time doing c25k, i'm at the end of week 6. You're welcome to add me if you'd like!

ETA: It's my first time actually progressing with c25k lol...i've started it too many times to count and was too scared to go bast week 1/2 because of my asthma . :blushing:
  • FitKate
    FitKate Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have asthma too!!! Thats why i started the program. I'm trying to get off the medication.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I have asthma too!!! Thats why i started the program. I'm trying to get off the medication.

I've gotten to the point over the years where I only take the emergency inhaler when I absolutely need it...I really hate using it...but a couple of times this year I Have had asthma attacks while working out. Getting in better shape has helped me a lot, though, I don't have attacks nearly as much as I used to. :flowerforyou:

OP lol sorry for hijacking your thread.
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    Hi - I just joined this group.
    I am doing c25k again as well. Did really well with it 2 years ago, but since had a large weight gain and stopped exercising.
    Now I'm back on c25k - week 4 day 3. Doing really well and looking forward to that big 20 minute run coming up next week. I remember how amazing it was the first time around. So excited to be back here again!!
    :)
    Good luck and happy running!