Share your daily menus?

Options
lvondy
lvondy Posts: 76 Member
So I just upped my calories yesterday after spending hours going through all the information in this group. I am going from 1200 calories a day to around 1700. My BMR is about 1500. I am struggling on how to get all my calories in with the right ratios. I was hoping you could share some daily meal ideas! Thanks so much!

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    So I just upped my calories yesterday after spending hours going through all the information in this group. I am going from 1200 calories a day to around 1700. My BMR is about 1500. I am struggling on how to get all my calories in with the right ratios. I was hoping you could share some daily meal ideas! Thanks so much!

It would be way easier for you to go check out my diary, so feel free to go look my diary is open to the public, but here are some items:
    nuts, cheeses, olive oil, coconut oil (an MCT oil..google the benefits...I started taking 1tbs in the morning that is 120 cals), greek yogurt (liberte brand is just yummy), Kind plus bars, avocado, salmon, chicken breast, tuna, nut butters, chia seeds, hard boiled eggs, a good protein drink (Jillian Michaels Whey, Dr. Mercola pure power protein), Jamie Eason www.bodybuilder.com has many high protein yummy delights you can bake...
  • sarahc0714
    Options
    I will friend you and you can check out my diary as well :) Not always perfect but hopefully it can give you an idea! Anyone is more than welcome to add me. Love having like minded friends!
  • lvondy
    Options
    Thank you both! Off to check them out!
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    so far, i've found this to be a good strategy...

i just about completely fill in my whole day with what i plan to eat. so, right now, my diary is nearly full and i have 241 calories left to play with. if i eat exactly what i've entered, that remaining 241 needs to have around 20 grams of protein, be low carb (i'm a little over) and have a good bit of fat to it (i'm way under). sodium is the hardest one for me to manage so far. so, i can stick to my eating plan for the day, or if something comes up, i can make adjustments. pre-filling it just gives me a guideline to follow, and makes keeping up with all the numbers throughout the day less stressful. and this is a secret, so don't tell on me...it also helps me know where i can fit in my dessert calories. dessert is a requirement for a happy life.

i have a super amazing recipe for greek yogurt that makes it taste remarkably close to cheesecake. y'all want it?
  • lvondy
    Options
    I prefill my diary too, sometimes a couple days in advance. It definitely helps me plan my day and fit in my daily "happy life" requirement--red wine. =)

I would love the yogurt recipe!
  • sarahc0714
    Options
    so far, i've found this to be a good strategy...

i just about completely fill in my whole day with what i plan to eat. so, right now, my diary is nearly full and i have 241 calories left to play with. if i eat exactly what i've entered, that remaining 241 needs to have around 20 grams of protein, be low carb (i'm a little over) and have a good bit of fat to it (i'm way under). sodium is the hardest one for me to manage so far. so, i can stick to my eating plan for the day, or if something comes up, i can make adjustments. pre-filling it just gives me a guideline to follow, and makes keeping up with all the numbers throughout the day less stressful. and this is a secret, so don't tell on me...it also helps me know where i can fit in my dessert calories. dessert is a requirement for a happy life.

i have a super amazing recipe for greek yogurt that makes it taste remarkably close to cheesecake. y'all want it?

I do this too and you are right, it totally helps to see where I can be a bit naughty ;0) Oh, and yes we want!!! :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is key for me too...I pre-fill everyday...mine is complete right now.
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    this is the basic recipe, but the adaptations are endless!!

- reduced fat graham cracker crust

- 2 cups yogurt (17.6 oz fage is perfect or 4 chobani plain or flavored)
    - 2 eggs - lightly beaten
    - 2/3 cups sugar

mix those together until creamy and then add...

- pinch salt
    - 2 teaspoons vanilla
    - 3 tablespoons cornstarch

mix it all together. pour in the crust. bake at 350 for 35 minutes.

original recipe called for black cherry chobani. i prefer fage, so i used it and put a whole package of defrosted cascadian farms blueberries in it for my first attempt. i also used a half cup splenda instead of the sugar. it was fantastic. then i decided that i wanted to lighten it up even more, so i cooked it in a muffin tin. i put a reduced nilla wafer in a cupcake liner then put another 12 wafers in the food processor to crush them and used those to fill in the edges of the cups. i made it lemon this time just using lemon juice (not sure how much - just did it to taste). baked that at 350 for 30. those came out to be 96 calories a piece as compared to around 162 per 1/8 of the lemon pie if i had used the pie crust.

last night, i tried a chocolate peanut butter kind of thing with PB2, mini chocolate morsels and cup for cup stevia (i really want to replace the splenda with stevia whenever possible). i ended up having to add 2 tbsp of agave to cut the aftertaste of the stevia. these just turned out so so...they seemed a little over done even though i cooked them the same 30 minutes. they were around 140 calories a piece (6 grams protein), and i'm not sure they are worth the calorie intake for me. my daughter liked them though. i'm thinking that it could be tweeked using the chocolate PB2, less chocolate chips and a mixture of stevia and splenda and no agave and maybe a chocolate wafer crust.

anyway, it's a fun recipe to play with. enjoy!

ETA: the yogurt is the 0%. i'm considering switching to the 2% since i'm falling short of my fat goal most days.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    My diary is also open so feel free to take a look (and friend me if you like!)

I've been trying to pre-fill my diary either the night before or first thing in the morning so everything is planned out. I'm meeting a friend at McD's today so our kids can play (rainy day) and I stared at my computer for 30 minutes looking over their menu to figure out what I could eat that wouldn't completely blow my eating plan. I find that planning ahead takes all the stress out of the equation!!
  • aotto87
    aotto87 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1750, and I am usally pretty close to it, with my nutrients pretty close also (sodium and sugar tend to be my issues) Feel free to add me and take a look see....I always welcome more friends along my journey!
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have recently added one of my favorite dishes back into my rotation, that I had to take out because of the olive oil and butter.

I brush tilapia fillets (though this would probably work for any fish) with a mixture of olive oil and garlic powder, sprinkle with black pepper and parmesan cheese, and bake at 350 for 20 mins (or until it flakes easily with a fork - 20 mins is good for 6 fillets).... meanwhile on the stove i basically make a thin cream sauce with shrimp to top it with, rule of 2 here. 2tbsp milk, 2tbsp butter, 2tbsp parmesan cheese, 2 minced garlic cloves... heat through until garlic is tender, add shrimp and let it sit on low heat until shrimp is warmed through, put it on top of the fish when it comes out of the oven, sprinkle with parsley, and i served it last night with corn on the cob and a big fresh salad. so so good, and super filling AND full of protein. :)