Day 1 BACK on program

Options
KetoLife4Me15
KetoLife4Me15 Posts: 14 Member
Hello Everyone! I've been lurking around these boards for a couple weeks. I was trying Atkins, but I have had great success with Medifast before so I'm committing to it again. I know from experience the first week is really hard and need some support. I have 100 lbs to lose. I have a cruise booked for August 11th (first one ever!!), and I really want to lose as much I can before then. Any tips and tricks will be very appreciated. :smile:

Replies

• marjolycookie
    marjolycookie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    All the folks I've met through MFP on Medifast are great! We're all at different stages of our journey so it's good to be able to read everyone's success (and talk through the tough times).

I guess I would recommend that you don't let Medifast pick the meal selections for you. If you've done it before then you know some of their stuff is nasty and some is quite nice. I absolutely love the chocolate mint bar, pomegranate shake, and chocolate chip soft bake. Celinya on here has some really creative and tasty sounding ideas of recipes you can transform the Medifast meals with (I have not tried them yet though), as well as some lean & green suggestions.

I don't beat myself up if I am hungry at some hour without a scheduled meal, which is what happens if I stay up too late. I just have another bar and figure that a 6+1 day every once in a while isn't going to kill me. I love seeing the results either with the scale or with the tape measure each week so I try to stay focused.
  • newlifecowgirl
    Options
    Agree with not letting medifast pick the meals lol, I still have a couple of meals that I just detest. Love the Dark chocolate shake, hot cocoa, chocolate mint crunch....Ok can you tell I have addiction to chocolate? there are a few others.!
    I had to step away from the scale and only weigh in once a week, the same day and around the same time. Weight fluctuates a lot throughout the day! Measuring helps too.
    If you cheat or go over your calories, it's not the end of the world! Get back on program and move forward.
    Drink the water, I hated drinking water, there would be days before Medifast that I wouldn't drink any water the whole day! I have made myself drink it. I worked out a system of filling three 34 ounce water bottles every day, and I make sure to drink all 3 every day. It helps A LOT!

I have a total goal of 125 to 135 LBS to LOSE. I am 37 LBS down as of my last weigh in, and 3 jeans sizes down since January.