Bromocriptine

Options
Hello,
Just wondering if anyone else in the group has taken or is taking bromocriptine. I saw my doctor yesterday and he did some blood work and told me he will most likely put me back on it in two weeks. I know from last time I took it I was dizzy and nauseas all the time. Do you have any tips on how to manage these side effects. What worked for you? I can't take gravol but my friend suggested ginger tea for feeling sick. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.:wink:

Replies

• shellbee381
    Options
    I'm only taking Desmopressin currently for my ADH. Havent been really medicated for the high prolactin levels yet. I see my Endo next month and I'm gonna ask about the Bromocryptin. What does it do? The side effedts dont sound like much fun but if it helps with feeling better overall, maybe I should try it. How is you weight loss going? Im stuck at 3 pounds but I am not honestly doing a very good job....I need my "AHA" moment to bring me back to reality!
  • borpy
    borpy Posts: 38
    Options
    Bromocriptine can lower your prolactin back to normal levels. My prolactin being so high has stopped my periods so I'm taking it because i would like to have kids and also because of my age the lack of a period can lessen bone density over time.
    The side effects that tend to be the worse are nausea and dizziness, but my doctor said some people don't get them at all. If you do get them like I do, they last as long as you are on the medication. But it's worth a try to me.
    My weight loss is going well. I've found that cutting back on meat, dairy and soy has really been helpful. i've tried to lose weight before with atkins and after three months had not lost anything. If you can't avoid meat and dairy you can also try to find stores that sell natural foods. Although i know for me it was too expensive so not eating it worked out better lol
    I've also found that just walking for at least 30 minutes every day has really helped. I don't jog or speed walk, my natural pace is slightly above tortoise but it still works. I have a lot of weight to lose and from all i've read when you are starting out it's way better to go slow and steady. My sister is also trying to lose weight but she has chosen to barely eat and to do vigorous workouts for 3 hours every day. She has been doing this for months and has not lost a pound so I think slow and steady is definately the best lol. I don't know if that will help your aha moment come. It's hard when you reach a plateau so quickly, maybe trying to change the type of exercise you do might help as well. Good luck and great job on the 3 pounds! :happy: