Net Carbs?

Options
lvondy
lvondy Posts: 76 Member
When I log my food should I log the net carb options? Like with fruit? I'm still not 100% sure how the "net carbs" really work. Sorry if it is a dumb question. =)

Replies

• k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I only monitor the 'carbs in general' option, with the macros modified to 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat, my other two I track are sodium and fiber. I have no idea about 'net carbs' so I can't offer much on that one, but I don't track sugar because I'm a fruit FIEND and if someone took that away from me I might have to resort back to candy bars.
  • lvondy
    lvondy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time keeping my carbs under 40% mainly because of fruit. I don't eat a lot of it but I'm wondering if I should just log the net carbs instead?
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard time keeping my carbs under 40% mainly because of fruit. I don't eat a lot of it but I'm wondering if I should just log the net carbs instead?

Getting the carbs under control is truly a process...I will from time to time subtract the fiber number from the carb number, but usually not. When you push to get in more protein, the carb ratio naturally comes down. I eat fruits everyday, but have cut back on how much. Feel free to take a look at my diary to get ideas it is open to the public.