Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Options
katiegc
katiegc Posts: 15 Member
Thought I'd start a new thread off of the New Member one. A few of us were chatting about consistency with health, nutrition and exercise while we face many uncontrollable things happening in our bodies. All the while trying to keep our sanity, mental sharpness (what we have left anyway) and sense of humor.

On that note of consistency, I was reading through the boards on tracking calories and exercise differently. I'm going to try it. My BMI is 1506. My TDEE is 1664. TDEE accounts for activity and exercise level. So, my goal is to eat to 1664 every day, and not under 1506 (ya, right, like that will every happen!). It's not as rewarding as being able to really treat yourself after a hard workout, and I still might go this route on occasion. But, I am finding that if I do a 800 calorie burning hike, I don't feel that great after consuming 800 additional calories. Darn! Anyway, what are your thoughts on this?

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Thought I'd start a new thread off of the New Member one. A few of us were chatting about consistency with health, nutrition and exercise while we face many uncontrollable things happening in our bodies. All the while trying to keep our sanity, mental sharpness (what we have left anyway) and sense of humor.

On that note of consistency, I was reading through the boards on tracking calories and exercise differently. I'm going to try it. My BMI is 1506. My TDEE is 1664. TDEE accounts for activity and exercise level. So, my goal is to eat to 1664 every day, and not under 1506 (ya, right, like that will every happen!). It's not as rewarding as being able to really treat yourself after a hard workout, and I still might go this route on occasion. But, I am finding that if I do a 800 calorie burning hike, I don't feel that great after consuming 800 additional calories. Darn! Anyway, what are your thoughts on this?

Tad confused here, in a nutshell, what deficit calorie-wise will you have - by that I mean, how much?
  • katiegc
    katiegc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That is because I posted it incorrectly! Sheesh! Am I over thinking this whole deal? I meant my BMi is 1506. Multiply x 1.55 (moderately active-working out 3-5 days/ week), less 500 per day equals 1834 calories each day. Seems so high! Or should I just stick with MFP calc (1520) and add/ eat exercise calories? I am getting myself confused. Thanks