Pizza Recipe

Options
ShanaGore
ShanaGore Posts: 58 Member
My kids have been asking for Pizza, but I knew if I got them the traditional Papa John's, I wouldn't be able to resist. Plus if I want this to me a lifestyle change instead of a temporary diet, I need to make some accommodations. So, I wanted to share a healthier pizza version with you.

100% Whole Wheat Pita Bread (I round for each person)
Sauce (homemade or can/jar)
Shredded Reduced Fat Cheese (Mozzarella or any kind you prefer)
Sliced Veggies (Green Peppers, Onions, Tomatoes, Olives, Mushrooms, Broccoli)
Grilled Chicken
Any other pizza toppings you might like
Seasoning (garlic, basil, pepper, oregano, red pepper)

I set it up kinda like a buffet. Everyone started at the beginning of the line with their pita bread, put on sauce, added the toppings they liked and I baked them in the over for 15 minutes. We all had our own personal pizza so there was not arguing over what toppings to order. Making our own pizza's was fun. I was able to load mine full of veggies and use just a little cheese. The whole wheat pita is much better then regular pizza crust and the individual pita gave portion control. I would advise to be careful with your sauce. Some can/jar varieties have lots of added sugar and salt so just watch your labels carefully or make your own. I sprinkled garlic, basil and oregano on mine. We had a tossed salad on the side and it was a healthy and fun meal the whole family could enjoy.

Replies