Jumping In

Options
gypsybug
gypsybug Posts: 106 Member
Well, I'm getting on the Eat More bandwagon. After trying and failing to budge the scale for ... gosh....I think six months while "doing everything right" it's time to accept that conventional wisdom isn't right. For me.

I've come to this conclusion slowly, and with the help of my Bodymedia Fit and reading the threads started by those who know here. I've often had the thought pop in my head that if I'm burning an average of over 2200 calories a day...consistently...as long as I am under that amount I should lose weight. Right? Not.

I stuck to the given calorie amount of 1200 and I diligently ate back my exercise calories. I completed 20 weeks of TurboFire and I'm now on week 5 of a TurboFire/Chalean Extreme Hybrid. I would be good for a couple of weeks and BOOM!! Binge!!! I was STARVING. By the end of a "good" day I was shaking from hunger and fatiqued all the time.

So I'm done. Here are my calculations....I used the fat2fitradio/tools/bmr. I chose to stick with this particular sites calculation because it's numbers were confirmable by my BodyMedia Fit numbers...it was the closest of all the ones I tried.

BMR = 1403
TDEE = 2270
TDEE - 15% = 1925 (rounded down a tad for even number)

I'm one that has to take things a bit slowly and carefully. I reset my calorie goal to my bmr and I will eat back my exercise calories for now. My intention is to at least always net the BMR. I also reset my macros to 40/30/30. This has me averaging about 1700 - 1800 for now. Going straight up to 1925 terrifies me.

I am getting married in a month. Here is hoping and praying that I don't gain an enormous amount of weight and can still fit in my wedding dress! :O

Jenny

Replies

• k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenny!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! My husband and I are celebrating our first anniversary on May 21 :)

In my first week I gained pounds but lost inches so something somewhere got smaller and denser. I've found avoiding the scale and trusting the tape measure is the way to go in the beginning. It takes a leap of faith! my TDEE - 15% is upwards of 2600 calories! My eyes bugged out. I had only been 1600-1800 (max) previously, 800-1000 extra cals is like a meal plus dessert!

Within 2 days I felt the jump in my energy level and a general improvement in my mood. Also, PMS/TOM this time around wasn't nearly as dreadful as it has been in the past. I'm also sleeping better, and my frequent migraines have been pretty much absent (with the exception of the one I get the day before TOM).

Good luck to you, and trust the science! :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm getting on the Eat More bandwagon. After trying and failing to budge the scale for ... gosh....I think six months while "doing everything right" it's time to accept that conventional wisdom isn't right. For me.

I've come to this conclusion slowly, and with the help of my Bodymedia Fit and reading the threads started by those who know here. I've often had the thought pop in my head that if I'm burning an average of over 2200 calories a day...consistently...as long as I am under that amount I should lose weight. Right? Not.

I stuck to the given calorie amount of 1200 and I diligently ate back my exercise calories. I completed 20 weeks of TurboFire and I'm now on week 5 of a TurboFire/Chalean Extreme Hybrid. I would be good for a couple of weeks and BOOM!! Binge!!! I was STARVING. By the end of a "good" day I was shaking from hunger and fatiqued all the time.

So I'm done. Here are my calculations....I used the fat2fitradio/tools/bmr. I chose to stick with this particular sites calculation because it's numbers were confirmable by my BodyMedia Fit numbers...it was the closest of all the ones I tried.

BMR = 1403
    TDEE = 2270
    TDEE - 15% = 1925 (rounded down a tad for even number)

I'm one that has to take things a bit slowly and carefully. I reset my calorie goal to my bmr and I will eat back my exercise calories for now. My intention is to at least always net the BMR. I also reset my macros to 40/30/30. This has me averaging about 1700 - 1800 for now. Going straight up to 1925 terrifies me.

I am getting married in a month. Here is hoping and praying that I don't gain an enormous amount of weight and can still fit in my wedding dress! :O

Jenny

I will tell you, we are so glad to have you here...you won't gain an enormous amount of weight and from what I am seeing from the many women giving it a go, they bounce up a little bit, but not that much and by the 4wk mark usually inches are lost even if no weight loss or slight gain...so don't stress...cortisol is no good and that is what you release when you stress.

Trust the system, get that tape measure out, lift weights 3x a week, try HIIT 2 days, eat 1gr of protein per pound of bodyweight, and enjoy feeling so much better in this new lifestyle of fueling your body!
  • gypsybug
    gypsybug Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! With my current program I lift 3x a week and I do a mix of regular cardio and HIIT workouts on my cardio days via turbofire. Unless the day is just gorgeous then I will go for a run! :D I also play hackysack for at least an hour every night cause we are total dorks lol...

I'm really looking forward to giving this a go. This just makes SO MUCH more SENSE! And it's more like when I was a kid. I didn't count calories or worry about macros. I ran around like a maniac and I ate when I was hungry and I ate until I was full. And if I didn't want to finish it I didn't, no matter how much my mom yelled at me lol! And most of it was good stuff with the occasional holiday binge. And I was a fit, healthy, happy child.

Congrats on your one year k0nfyo0zed! Our anniversaries will be 2 days apart! :D Our date is 5/19.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    First- congrats on your upcoming marriage! Our six year is this year on 5/15 :D

Second- I'm really excited that you're doing so well already! Got your head right, honest expectations and you know yourself. You're miles ahead of where I was! So glad you're already enjoying the changes proper fueling brings- it's giddiness about eating again. I think you described it well- I do feel like a kid again in regards to food. How it was before I was taught the 'rules' of weight loss lol