Help!

Options
diamondclear
diamondclear Posts: 66 Member
Hey :) i'm new to the group. i need some help! When i first joined mfp ( feb,3rd, 2012 ) i started with 205 and right now i am at 188. i did lose some inches from my hips but not really :(

i was wondering what would be the best exercise for me since i have most of my weight on my hips/belly area :( Right now i'm doing 30 day shred, on level 2. I started from april 1st ! i also go for a long walk for about an hour, i climb up on like 4 hills and their pretty hard, get so tired when i'm done walking on the hills !

help please ! it will help me a lot :) thanks !

Replies

• NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    30DS is great. Anything that helps challenge your core muscles-it won't make you smaller per se, but help it look better because you are building or strengthening muscle beneath the fat. You can also try stomach vacuums.

I've found walking very helpful-10k a day :) It's helped my legs the most but it engages the core too and helps with all-over fat loss.

Diet-wise, sodium, sugar and artificial sweeteners seem to affect us more than most. Keeping those to a minimum can help reduce belly bloat. If you notice your belly is bigger in the evening you may be someone suffering from this. I am :{ and I've noticed a direct relation between the amount of sugar and the amount of bloat I have.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    17 pounds since 2/3? Sounds like you're doing great to me! Your exercise sound really good too. Not sure what you need help with...

Weight is going to come off how it wants to come off. You can't chose the order in which it leaves (wouldn't that be great though!). Generally your worst areas are where you notice the lost last. So for apples, their middle section.
  • diamondclear
    Options
    thanks guys ! i was just wondering if anyone would have tips:) i've stop losing inches on my hips :(
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Just keep working on it! 30 day shred is great, I've been doing that too. Try push ups too. They can be hard but they are very good for strengthening your core which in turn will help in toning the midsection. I'm working hard on mine too. Good luck :)
  • diamondclear
    Options
    Just keep working on it! 30 day shred is great, I've been doing that too. Try push ups too. They can be hard but they are very good for strengthening your core which in turn will help in toning the midsection. I'm working hard on mine too. Good luck :)

Haha yeah I'll keep doing that till the start of may then do something else:) I can't even do two pushups :( i can do the other one. I need to try harder! Goodluck too!!!
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have an app called Runtastic Push Up and use that every other day or so to help me do push ups. It'll show you videos on proper form.
    A friend of mine gave me a piece of advice - before he left for boot camp for the Navy several years ago he could not do a real push up. He started with doing wall push ups, then "girl" push ups, then "real" push ups. I still struggle with even doing "girl" (modified) push ups but it is getting better. You can do it... :)
  • diamondclear
    Options
    I have an app called Runtastic Push Up and use that every other day or so to help me do push ups. It'll show you videos on proper form.
    A friend of mine gave me a piece of advice - before he left for boot camp for the Navy several years ago he could not do a real push up. He started with doing wall push ups, then "girl" push ups, then "real" push ups. I still struggle with even doing "girl" (modified) push ups but it is getting better. You can do it... :)

I'll look that app up !! :) thank you!

haha yeah i can do girl pushups :P ill do it everyday and maybe then i'll be able to do good pushups :) thanks, keep it up ! :)