HI and Welcome

Options
05suu
05suu Posts: 90 Member
If you know anyone else who would like to join this little cuddle of people then please feel free to add on...or let me know the username and I will....

I know we're all going to be good for each other !!!!:smooched:

Replies

• Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Hi from me too. It's good to get to know a few more 'mature' ....in age but not necessarily spirit.... people!!
  • rosalang
    rosalang Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    glad to be onboard. it must be my age but it has take me 45 minutes to find the group page. of course i should be on my cross trainer exercising. maybe this is why i am not loosing much weight as i find any excuse not to exercise. obviously easily distracted but i am getting there and loving a more healthy way of being
    good luck to you all
  • 05suu
    Options
    I wasn't too clever at that either so don't feel bad...haha

:drinker:
  • borofka1
    borofka1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm excited to join this group. I joined MFP 3 weeks ago. My goal is to get to 150 pounds. I have a long way to go since I weigh 230.8 right now. I had nissen fundoplication and hiatal hernia repair 3 weeks ago. I have been able to get off of my medication and the reflux is gone. I just have to watch what I eat for a while. I have also started walking. Will post a profile picture soon.
  • 05suu
    Options
    hi borofka1
    Sounds like you've had your share of medical problems..hopefully losing abit of weight will help with that..as it will all of us..
    Good luck with it and I'm sure Fitpal will be a great help logging evrrything...
    It becomes your silent concien!!!ce
  • redhanded001
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm 51 yrs old but hopefully getting younger. Got all the the bad things: diabeties, high blood, cholesterol, triglicerites, etc.. On lots of meds and to make matters worse i'm a truck driver sitting on rearend all day. Recently joined 24/7 fitness gym and inspired by the show the biggest loser. Have been on a 1600 calorie a day diet and going to gym at least 4 times a week, lost 16 pds in 3 weeks but seem to be kinda stuck at 222-223 but working at it everyday.
  • GoinOrganic
    GoinOrganic Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I saw your invite and joined... now I just have to remember to check for postings and actually participate...

I eat 'clean' and mostly organic. I read labels, eat only wild caught and grass fed when eating meat, fish, etc.

Sugar and I have had a love affair for most of my life... so I have guidelines for that too, so I can still enjoy some, but it's limited.

Grains are my weight gain food... so I don't do any wheat, and limit the rice. Quinoa seems to work well in my body, fresh/frozen corn, barley in soup seems ok too.

My weight gain was mid-40's when something happened that triggered my 'fight or flight' response... gaining 30#'s that would NEVER come off, then slowly it started to fluctuate between 30-60#'s. After 6 years, and much stress in 2005 I hit over 200... my mind has blocked out the actual weight, but I think it was 215... and at 5'3 that's a LOT...

In 2006 I started to watch what I ate, holding myself accountable more, and it slowly started to drop... like down to 190... then in '07 I decided to give it more of a kick start, so I did several rounds of HCG injections, while doing the 'internal work' around the weight, bad habits, and stress, making life changes.

I got down to 136 in May of '11, but inched back up to 145ish, and seem to be hanging out there. For my height, and bone structure, over 140 is considered 'overweight', so I've set a goal for 128-130 since joining MFP. I like the support here, and I've learned a LOT about portions and how the exercise plays into the eating... just something I always did, but never thought about how it all worked together.

I too was an 'under eater' with a high sugar diet most of my under 40 years... but that just doesn't seem to work now at 57!

I have been in the holistic health field for nearly 30 years coaching others about their health, now it's time for me to remaster my health concerns post 50 and the specific challenges that arise as we age and our bodies change.

Always grateful to find other like minded people on here... thanks for the add...

Sue (GoinOrganic)
  • wendallb
    wendallb Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks for the invite
  • Kreacher12
    Kreacher12 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So here I am. Just a grouchy old House Elf. Thanks to wendallb for giving me the link to this site and telling me about this board for the over 50. As time goes on, I'll try to post some insanity and other stuff.
  • feyfaye
    feyfaye Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for adding me to the group! If any of you would like more friends in your network, please consider adding me, too. I'm a newbie, having been on the site 16 days.

— Jan :flowerforyou:
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Wooohooooo , over 50 and we can do it !!!! get this weight off that is !!! I found that hitting 50 is where my metabolism fell asleep and never woke again ! Time to shake it up and wake it up !! WAKE WAKE WAKE !!!