Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Friday update

13»

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Met a lady on POF we are going to meet up on Sunday for lunch and who knows. Other than that just chillin with my babies.

Yay for dates!

We treated it as a meet and greet lunch date. She lives about 20 miles from me so I met her at a restaurant near her. After having texted and emailed via POF all week, I was worried we might hit a wall in our conversation. However, we talked non stop the whole time which was about 2 hours and even continued texting afterward. We have a lot in common, she is very interesting, and very attractive, so I felt like it went well.

Very cool! :drinker:
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Say whaaaa? He pointed out your shoulders?!?! HA!!! NEXT NEXT NEXT! Jerk.

I get that a lot, actually. Depending on the picture I post, you can't really tell but, yeah, I'm built like a linebacker.

In fact, when I meet someone in person that I've only interacted online (forums like this, facebook friends-of-friends, online dating, etc), this is the number one comment I get: "Wow, I thought you were a lot smaller."
  • JanieJack
    We treated it as a meet and greet lunch date. She lives about 20 miles from me so I met her at a restaurant near her. After having texted and emailed via POF all week, I was worried we might hit a wall in our conversation. However, we talked non stop the whole time which was about 2 hours and even continued texting afterward. We have a lot in common, she is very interesting, and very attractive, so I felt like it went well.

Yay!!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Say whaaaa? He pointed out your shoulders?!?! HA!!! NEXT NEXT NEXT! Jerk.

I get that a lot, actually. Depending on the picture I post, you can't really tell but, yeah, I'm built like a linebacker.

In fact, when I meet someone in person that I've only interacted online (forums like this, facebook friends-of-friends, online dating, etc), this is the number one comment I get: "Wow, I thought you were a lot smaller."

Honey, I'm 5'8.5 and I think I'm a pretty broad girl myself so I understand. I have the broad shoulders going too... but I'd smack a guy if he pointed that out! :tongue:

My friend Heather told me the same exact thing.. I met her from a forum and she said "yeah I thought you were a tiny girl according to your pics.." :ohwell: Jeez thanks!!!

She's a tall one too and not petite (not fat at all) so we relate. She didn't mean it in a bad way but still funny.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Had a third date yesterday with an eHarmony girl at a historical village she used to work at. Had a great time but I think we were both a little tired from the weekend, conversation was not flowing as well as it usually does.

I think this girl is awesome and I can tell she likes me, I just worry that we don't have a lot of chemistry. Maybe I'm just used to girls being a little more touchy and flirtatious. Usually after 3 dates with someone we can't keep out hands off each other but we've barely even touched each other.

I'm not too worried about it though, I should see her again in the next day or two, maybe I should invite her over for take-out and a movie. That's usually my go-to make out date.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Had a third date yesterday with an eHarmony girl at a historical village she used to work at. Had a great time but I think we were both a little tired from the weekend, conversation was not flowing as well as it usually does.

I think this girl is awesome and I can tell she likes me, I just worry that we don't have a lot of chemistry. Maybe I'm just used to girls being a little more touchy and flirtatious. Usually after 3 dates with someone we can't keep out hands off each other but we've barely even touched each other.

I'm not too worried about it though, I should see her again in the next day or two, maybe I should invite her over for take-out and a movie. That's usually my go-to make out date.

I guess that all women aren't affectionate or tactile. I'd say if she keeps on accepting dates, she's into you! :flowerforyou:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member

I guess that all women aren't affectionate or tactile. I'd say if she keeps on accepting dates, she's into you! :flowerforyou:

I am sooooo not a touchy feely person. It actually takes me a lot to even hug someone. I would suggest starting slow. Like when sitting next to eachother bump shoulders or press your leg against theirs. Another good way to start is hand on the small of her back when she is walking through a door in front of you. I am usually up front with people about it though so they don't take it as I don't like them.
  • Roadie2000

Half the time she's the one asking ME out, so we obviously like each other. I'm just wondering if two people can like each other but just not have very good chemistry. It's actually kind of nice to get to know someone without rushing into anything, I just don't want to get put in the friend zone.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    I'll be spending the week in Vegas for a business conference. I think I'll be actively avoiding the drinking / social scene, though. This is my first conference with this company and everyone in my field of expertise from all over the world will be there.

I'm putting a good first impression before a good time, here. Maybe a little boring, but probably best in the long run.

In other words, passing out on the sidewalk with my pants off is probably not going to get me any promotions. :)

Have a great week everyone!
  • Roadie2000

I am sooooo not a touchy feely person. It actually takes me a lot to even hug someone. I would suggest starting slow. Like when sitting next to eachother bump shoulders or press your leg against theirs. Another good way to start is hand on the small of her back when she is walking through a door in front of you. I am usually up front with people about it though so they don't take it as I don't like them.
    That's actually a really good point, I'm generally not that touchy feely either but if I get it started maybe it will make her more comfortable.
  • JanieJack
    Maybe I'm just used to girls being a little more touchy and flirtatious. Usually after 3 dates with someone we can't keep out hands off each other but we've barely even touched each other.

I am sooooo not a touchy feely person. It actually takes me a lot to even hug someone. I would suggest starting slow.

Two possible explanations:

1) Some people like to get to know each other before getting touchy-feely (but once they do they can't hardly stop). It took a bit, but I was so comfortable with my last boyfriend that I sometimes had to cut our dates short just because I couldn't keep my hands off of him ;-)

2) And some prefer not getting all active in public, but that doesn't mean they don't have a wild, exciting side behind closed doors. I really don't like to get too kissy-face in public, especially now that I'm in a higher-profile job, unless we're secluded or secretive about it (hmm, i think I just discovered thing #2 I miss about my ex... the "bet they can't guess what we're doing" game).

I'm generally not that touchy feely either but if I get it started maybe it will make her more comfortable.

Definitely. But if she's not ready it, too much too soon could drive her away. If I met someone online, I'm not sure how I'd feel about going to their house on the 4th date, now that I've learned "movie" is usually synonymous with sex/heavy making out. I just wanna get to know someone first (I know, I know, not everyone is me, lol). I just would hate for you to miss out on someone fabulous since others are getting so much action and you may be worried that if she liked you she'd be the same way.

So glad eHarmony is working out for you (can't wait to tell my friend)!
  • Roadie2000

Definitely. But if she's not ready it, too much too soon could drive her away. If I met someone online, I'm not sure how I'd feel about going to their house on the 4th date, now that I've learned "movie" is usually synonymous with sex/heavy making out. I just wanna get to know someone first (I know, I know, not everyone is me, lol). I just would hate for you to miss out on someone fabulous since others are getting so much action and you may be worried that if she liked you she'd be the same way.

So glad eHarmony is working out for you (can't wait to tell my friend)!
    Well I also don't want to come across as someone who is too much of a wuss to make a move. But you're right, I think we need to be more comfortable around each other before I invite her over. Actually, I think I'm starting to overthink this way too much, I'm just gonna have fun and see where it goes.

After about the first week eHarmony has been a total waste of money. That's when they give you most of your matches but after that it really slows down. The only matches I've gotten in the past few weeks have been like 10 years younger, unemployed, and don't even have a picture. I lucked out with the two girls I've met (in a couple months on the site) but I most likely will not be renewing. I need some more options.
  • JanieJack
    She hasn't met anyone in person yet, but just the fact that she's getting SO much interest has really encouraged her. She literally can’t respond to the volume of matches/messages she’s getting. We've been trying to tell her she's the whole package: smart, beautiful, accomplished, loves sports, etc, and this experience just confirms it.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member

Well I also don't want to come across as someone who is too much of a wuss to make a move. But you're right, I think we need to be more comfortable around each other before I invite her over. Actually, I think I'm starting to overthink this way too much, I'm just gonna have fun and see where it goes.

TBH if a guy hadnt made a move to put his arm round me, or hold my hand or kiss me, after 2 dates, I'd think there was something wrong. But I know things can be a bit different in America!!!! So take no notice of me....lol :flowerforyou:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member

TBH if a guy hadnt made a move to put his arm round me, or hold my hand or kiss me, after 2 dates, I'd think there was something wrong. But I know things can be a bit different in America!!!! So take no notice of me....lol :flowerforyou:

I'd think the same thing.
  • Roadie2000

Whoa whoa whoa...I never said I didn't make a move, I did kiss her goodbye after dates 2 and 3 and we do hug when we see each other. I probably should have held her hand at some point but I'm not much of a hand holder. It's just tough to gauge someone's comfort level after a few dates.

Sorry to hijack the thread by the way, I didn't know my "problems" would be so interesting. lol