Just realize how bad i am

Options
tantalee
tantalee Posts: 130 Member
Asked DH to take a picture for my before/after and...SHOCK...im really bad.
Now im feeling sorry for my self and angry because i let me go like this.

Replies

• jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    Don't feel so bad, your here, taking the right steps to a new you!!

Take stock of where you are now and move on! You can do it!! : )
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I hear you- my first pics were shocking. Painful to see how big I had become- I thought 'who is that? why does it look like I'm drowning in my own body?'. It's been two weeks later and my pics do show a difference- not huge lol but enough that it helps.

I try to remember that the pics that disgust me most will inspire me the most (and others) later. Maybe those pics I took will inspire that Mother out there to stop starving herself and fuel her body... who knows :)
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hun, we are all here and started somewhere...don't feel bad...feel good that you have decided to do something about it:-) So kudos to you for taking that shot, and I soooo look forward to seeing that same shot taken 3 mos from now, then 6 and then one year...oh just picture where you want to be and go for it.

Some one used to tell me all the time when I felt like something was so far out of my grasp...I live in Lake Mary and he would say, if you start walking to New Symrna right now (about 40 mi away...seems like a crazy long way on foot), you would get there after a while....and that is so true...one step after another!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Last year, my trainer begged me to let her take my before picture and I was like, "No freakin way!" but she somehow convinced me and I was shocked when I saw it and I remember crying myself to sleep that night. So angry and disappointed in myself.

But then as I lost the weight, I took pics and now when I look at the before picture, I'm amazed at how far I came.

Then I gained back 20 of those pounds and it's like being back at square one again. I had my daughter take my "before" pics about a month ago and when I looked at them, I felt sick all over again.

But I know the "after" pics will make me feel better...

It's worth it. And I commend you for taking those "before" pics!! It was a very brave and courageous thing to do and you will look back on those pics some day in the near future and you'll be so happy you took them, esp when you'll have your "after" pics to compare to!