Running Shoes

Options
gomisskellygo
gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
Hi C25Kers!

I got myself a pair of fitted running shoes yesterday. What a huge difference! What kind of sneakers do you all run in? And did you have them fitted? Do you prefer a soft, cushiony fit or a minimalist fit?

I got Mizuno New Wave Elixers. They are very light and minimalist fitting...which is not something I thought I preferred.

Replies

• PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Back the first time I started running, I went to Fleet Feet and had them help me pick out the right type of shoes for my gait, etc...
    I ended up with a pair of New Balance 766's which I loved the hell out of. I continued buying the 76 series until they did a major design change and the new shoe was nothing like the past revisions.
    I'm running in a pair of Saucony Grid Cohesion 4 now and I like them, but time will tell.
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    The shop at DW fitness sorted me out with a pair of Asics 2160's - loving the memory foam and support, such an amazing difference!
  • clariangel
    clariangel Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    my favorite pair is the New Balance 1012. I have weak ankles that roll inward, so these shoes help correct that. Plus it has a roomy toe box, which is perfect if you have a Morton's Neuroma (i.e. toes fall asleep or go numb while walking or running, etc.)
  • katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I buy really cheap shoes at Asda (UK Walmart). They will wear out quickly, I suppose, but at £8, I can afford to replace them pretty darn frequently.
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    The shop at DW fitness sorted me out with a pair of Asics 2160's - loving the memory foam and support, such an amazing difference!

Kaned - I'm running in the asics 2160 too. Do you also have flat feet? I find this shoe has made all of the difference for my foot type.