Are you single by choice??

Options
DietingMommy08
DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
Who is single by choice and who is just plain tired of being single?

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I'm more going with the flow. I have moments when I wish I was in a relationship... I don't mean those moments!... I mean when you fancy going on a trip or to explore or to train or just chill out and not do anything productive or just a kindred spirit to chat with. But other times, I cherish being single.

I feel a bit sad when it comes to Christmas and others are rushing around trying to buy that present for that special person, and also in summer, when I am sitting in a pub by the Thames with my friends and see a couple walking along the embankment holding hands.

One day, once more, I'll meet that special furry hippo.
  • mojo75
    mojo75 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    yup. i'd much rather enjoy my own company than jump into something with the wrong person!
  • cyberskirt
    cyberskirt Posts: 218
    Options
    I'm single by choice.

Had my heart broken, packed on the pounds even more. I need to get right with me before I even think about dating.
  • MelissaT81
    MelissaT81 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Been single for 5 years...so yea tired of being single. But refuse to jump into something for the sake of being in a relationship. It's going to take someone pretty dang special to get me.
  • capabledesire
    Options
    I'm with Melissa. I've been single for 6 years and yes sort of sick of it but totally unwilling to settle. Some people say I'm too picky now. But I just think I've gotten to know myself really well and I know exactly what I can live with and what I can't live without.
  • princessruthiebelle
    princessruthiebelle Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I think i'm single by choice...I don't mean that im not looking for love!!! ive watched far to many Disney films to not want to fall in love with prince charming and ride off on a pony (or a unicorn :p) but i have turned friends of friends down ect, that seem great on paper but in real life its not quite been as sparky as id like

i think im picky but only cos i need to have the right kind of chemistry with a guy.....

then again once im size sexy there will be no stopping me :P
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    By choice. I date, but no one has lived up to my expectations yet, and I wont date anyone too young or too old. Picky I suppose, but attraction is huge to me.
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    I'm single by choice. I haven't met anyone to swoon me because I have dated several guys. I'm not happy with my weight right now. I know people are supposed to love you for who you are and all that. But I'm not loving my body right now and that's my focus. I rather re-gain my confidence first.
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    No one really chooses to be single, do they?

..unless you're 007 or The Hulk and a danger to the people closest to you...
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

You can. You meet a guy, you realise he is not your type. You'd rather be single than date him. You've just chosen to be single.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

You can. You meet a guy, you realise he is not your type. You'd rather be single than date him. You've just chosen to be single.

Yep, I'm a danger to the people closest to me except for Betty Ross.
  • CaseyP1207
    CaseyP1207 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm with Pamela...after being burned it makes you cautious. And it's good to have high expectations; nobody should settle. I see so many people nowadays settle and they are unhappy. I'd rather date who I want and hang out with people that make me happy.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I just recently got out of a 7 year relationship...

I plan to be single for at least a year before I even CONSIDER giving anybody else a chance.

I havent really been single since i was 16, Ive always jumped relationships, its time for me to find myself!
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Single for over 3 years and until it feels right I will single for as long as it takes.

Life is good single but I do miss the sharing times.

Debs in the UK
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    By choice. With all of the stuff that is going on these days it's hard to trust people. Eventually that fear will dissipate, but until then, I'm content.
  • 600racer
    600racer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Just recently single by choice.
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Not single by choice and not really enjoying it too much.
  • Ildiko17
    Ildiko17 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When my marriage ended, the rug was literally pulled out from under me. My whole world was turned upside down and I was left to raise a 1 year old daughter by myself. Eventually met someone else, dated for a long time, got engaged and ended it last year when I realized he was not the man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. It took a long time to realize that he was just saying what he needed to keep me hanging on! So now I'm single by choice, but hope to find someone special.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Tired of being single, but having no luck. Have tried dating sites, a matchmaking service, trying to get out and do things, and I've had no luck. It's not even that I'm meeting the wrong one (although I have met some of those through the matchmaking service) I'm not even meeting anyone.... just not sure what I'm doing wrong....
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I've dated a lot, but I just haven't found that one. However, I think I'm just enjoying being single right now. I really have no desire to have someone in my life right now. Sometimes, I get swept up into a situation, and I hate that. I think when I meet someone, I'll know and I'll want them in my life, rather than it being a chore or going out of my way to be with them. I'll just want to do it and it will be a higher priority than anything else. I wonder if I'll ever find anyone like that? She'd have to be pretty awesome.