Google Document for Weight Tracking

Options
DaChozn
DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
Bookmark the following link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjLYraxwRegMdG0wdjFrUGxDdVg2X2Q0Y1dybHZna0E

I just created a Google doc spreadsheet to track our weight. I only went 12 weeks out. I figured 3 months is a good start. You don't have to have a Google account to access the sheet and input your information. Since everyone has a different weigh-in day, I just put the "week of" instead of a date.

I highlighted the row "Starting Weight" so that you know where to put your number. Everyone has a column and I added extra blank columns for others to input their name as they join the group. Scroll from left to right to find your username and put your starting weight in the appropriate cell. Since the formulas are pre-calculated, the number you put for your starting weight is going to auto populate the remaining formula cells. That's ok. It will show the change in weight once you enter your weight from week to week.

Hope this provides some motivation as well.

Replies

• MsChrissyAnn
    MsChrissyAnn Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    That's pretty sweet! Thanks for setting that up!
  • Angie3G
    Angie3G Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    this is great!
  • yocaitygee
    Options
    OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you did this! And can anyone just add their own name?? Of course everyone please be respectful of names and numbers that do not belong to you! Thank you for putting this together, it is incredible!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Great Job.
    Just one suggestion, can we alphabetize the names? makes it much easier to find yourself..
  • DaChozn
    DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You're welcome everyone.

Yes, if your name isn't listed, you can add it to the end.

I tried to alphabetize the names after I typed everyone out and it seems like I can only alphabetize columns, not rows. :frown: Believe me, I tried.

I did go ahead and move everyone who has entered information further to the front of the range so you can find your spot faster. Hope that helps.
  • yocaitygee
    Options
    I was thinking about alphabetizing the names, but was worried about the rest of the rows and columns! Just remember what letter column you're in and it won't be difficult! :)
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I put my weight in the Google Document. I put today's weigh in as my starting weight, is that correct? Or do I put the the weight I was when I first started myfitnesspal?
  • yocaitygee
    Options
    I put my weight in the Google Document. I put today's weigh in as my starting weight, is that correct? Or do I put the the weight I was when I first started myfitnesspal?

put the weight today as your starting weight!!
  • yocaitygee
    Options

put the weight today as your starting weight!!

well yesterday!
  • mung222
    mung222 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This is a great spreadsheet. I added my name. Now to get my butt to the gym after work!!!
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    I just added my name to it also. That's pretty cool.
  • fearlesskcl
    fearlesskcl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Just noticed that there was a group set up for this! My weigh day is tomorrow hopefully it will be good!
    Good luck everyone!
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Make sure you put your weekly weight in the blank spot on the same row as the "(date) Week Post" line.
    :)