Have you thought about what you put on your body?

lys617
lys617 Posts: 51 Member
So I have been thinking and reading and researching a lot lately about natural body wash, face wash, etc. Is anyone else thinking about this? Has anyone tried to go the no shampoo route (baking soda and apple cider vinegar)? If so what are your experiences, tips, etc?

Replies

• coconutty420
    coconutty420 Posts: 47 Member
    If you are looking try out Pangea Organics for skin care....I LOVE THEIR PRODUCTS! I am currently using the Himalayan Geranium + Pomegranite Balancing Oil as a moisturizer and the Egytian Calendula + Blood Orange Fascial Cleanser. Though some days I just use coconut oil as a moisturizer....I had a rather large cyst that had grown in my eye duct....gross enough my reg Dr didn't wanna touch it....my eye Dr refused.....my skin Dr refused. I am proud to say that mayb a month of using coconut oil and ITS GONE! I am not one to rave unless the credit is due. I also love Dr. Bronner's as a body wash....I use the tea tree oil one and my skin hasn't had many breakout that I was prone to. I do think they make a big difference! Though I think cuz everyone's body is different it may take some tiral period to find your own faves....which can get expensive....but its totally worth it. I heard of some people finding recipes to make their own stuff at home (found on tumbler? If that makes sense to u...idk what it is). Give it a shot!
  • coconutty420
    coconutty420 Posts: 47 Member
    P.S. If u find anything that works well on hair please let me know! Shampoo + Conditioner has always been my mortal enemy....nothing ever seems to be compatible with my hair. So I would give anything a go if it works!
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    I use a lot of Burt's Bees, Tom's of Maine, Trader Joe's products and Whole foods products. And Dr. Bronner's soap is minty fresh goodness :)
  • caeliumspecto
    caeliumspecto Posts: 42 Member
    For me, I just look for products that are chemical free. Everyday Shea Moisturizing Body Lotion is probably the best lotion I've ever used, everything else varies depending what's on sale.
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Yes, I use a natural deodorant now with no aluminum. It takes a while to get used to the fact that you're not always dry, but isn't that what nature intended?